Best playable Micro Yoyo's

Anyone can tell me if there are an perfomance difference with Loonie and Toni micro yoyo? how’s dose it compare to Mighty flea or Panzer? Stanless Shutter mini is larger anything smaller that can still have long spin and stable? 66Percent Edgebeyond?

2 Likes

The Mini Panzer is practically unplayable for me, the Mighty Flea is a tad bit better, but not fantastic, at least for my skills, can’t speak on others.
The Loonie and Toonie are probably the two smallest but most performance capable throws I’ve ever played with. It’s incredibly different between them and the former two.

I can still actually pull off most of my tricks with the Loonie and the Toonie, just have to be way more precise, and stability is still a little bit of a problem with undersize, especially extreme undersize, but they are very playable for certain. The Toonie is basically just a bi-metal Loonie, so you do get a little heavier feel, longer spin, and slight more stability, but the Loonie feels generally a little more comfortable, lighter on the string, and more of an all-arounder. I think both are well worth it to be honest, just really more what your play style is feeling up to. If you wanted something a little different, could always look for a Toonie and an RCS Duccling, to get a slightly different mini profile between the two.

3 Likes

Mighty Flea and Mini Panzer are basically just novelty yoyos. Loonie or Toonie are both very much playable. They also just released the Mini Duccling. Im a big fan of the 66 percent yoyos and you can’t go wrong with any of those either. If you want a good review of mini yoyos check out BatracTheLooper on reddit. He puts out a guide every year on mini yoyo releases. He is the king of mini yoyos.

3 Likes

One Drop Dingo and Clique are both great. Might be considered mini rather than micro though.

1 Like

Heist.

3 Likes

The Kun, its the size of the mighty flea, solid brass and runs a D sized bearing! I grabbed mine feom YYE…will edit with a pic shortly haha

3 Likes

The yoyomonster 3points is almost a normal playable throw, but it’s still not great. It’s better than the mighty flea at least. If I was choosing a mini yoyo I would go with the OD Clique.

2 Likes

Clyw ditch

1 Like

At $100 for Toonie and $55 for Loonie and $45 for Duccling. Would you say which one is the best performer for the money?

1 Like

honestly i’d just go for a DINK, tankette, or Parallel

2 Likes

As for sub 40mm yoyos go, absolutely love my micro Sleipnir.

1 Like

Try the big deal. The hub stacks really help the balance.

Get the duccling!!!

Toonie is awesome but is basically out of stock. Duccling is super capable. Its not only one of my favorite micros, its flat out one of my favorite yoyos. Super stable, spins hard, great gap. If you are going to get a micro unresponsive, believe me this is the one!

Literally holding both duccking and toonie in my profile pic lol. Rain City Skills is my favorite yoyo brand :100:.

2 Likes

Duccling is the best all around. Toonie has longer spin time because of the bimetal, so its better for certain long spinning tricks but the duccling is the better all around yoyo especially for the price.

1 Like

Already having them, if I had to get rid of 2/3 and just keep one, I would keep the Toonie to be honest. Super fun and smooth and the bi-metal micro is just a great unique concept.

Price-wise, I would still prefer the Loonie just because it’s almost as much performance as its bi-metal brother and I still find it personally more comfortable than the Duccling for me.

Availability-wise, still don’t think you can go wrong with a Duccling. Close enough to its coin based friends from a fit and feel but with more availability. All just depends on your personal preferences on how much you want to spend and available options, but straight up joy to own factor, I still give it to the Toonie → Loonie → Duccling.

Another interesting thing though is this month they will be releasing the Busker, which will be a slightly “larger” organic micro, so I’m watching that pretty close as well. (39.8mm vs 33.4mm Loonie)

5 Likes

My favorite miicro yoyos are the Lathed Back ones. Their small size belies their stability and spintimes. Pricy…and kind of hard to find sometimes though. Currently one available with the maker though. Lagrange…

3 Likes

Sengoku Masamini 1 and 2.

I hope Julio does another run soon…

I also loved the Yoyofreaks hashtag and mono. I’ve heard good things about the outlier mini.

3 Likes

Masamini is awesome. Beat mini I’ve ever picked up. Only ever played it at club but man was it impressive

4 Likes

is it this one? Masamini V2 Yo-Yo by Sengoku – YoYoExpert

2 Likes

Yeah it’s so good…