Best Plastic

Diffusion is so much greater?
Not arguing just wondering?

my vote is with the Severe.

Diffusion is insane. No one should ever make another plastic. The game is over.

I still love the Yeti, it fits my style more than the Diffusion, but Diffusion is better than most metals and any other typical plastic ever. Yeti is almost in its own category, in my opinion.

I was skeptical too. Since I knew YYE would be stocking them, I bought my Triad from elsewhere and waited for the Diffusion from YYE. During that time I read many positive comments about the Diffusion but my Triad is so awesome, I assumed that all comments about the Diffusion were relative to it being a full-plastic yoyo; not a bi-metal or full metal.

Wrong.

This new Diffusion plays like a metal yoyo. Most plastic yo-yo’s have that hollow feel about half-way down the string on a strong break-away. It is that feeling that metal yo-yo’s replace as we get better and can justify more toys. The Diffusion does not have that hollow feel. Instead, it feels like a metal yoyo all the way down the string. Once there, it continues to carry its momentum like a metal as it easily flies through anything you can think of with an easy flow that is just fun to play.

At $35; what’s to argue?

1 Like

The Yeti and Protostar have been by far the best 2 fits for me among the plastics I’ve owned. I’ve also owned a Rally and Northstar and although I liked them, I simply didn’t reach for them as much as any of my other throws.

The delrin Severe looks like a winner and can be found for very low prices on the BST from time to time. Everyone has been raving about the Diffusion and Triad (especially Diffusion).

As with the majority of the high end yoyos out there, it really comes down to preference. Or maybe the new YYR plastics are really just better than everything else out there. They basically did it with metal yoyos already so if they did it with plastics too I wouldn’t be surprised. I’d love to find out eventually.