Best performing Titanium you've tried?

My top two are the Ti Walker and Ti 888. I was kinda disappointed with the Alpine, just didn’t jive with me.

5 Likes

I’m pretty far behind your skill level, so performance is relative, but the Acadia is one of my favorite non-organic ti throws. If they made (and you can find) a bi-metal version, it would probably be perfect (I have the mono). I was able to try the Alliance recently and that’s also incredible. Sugar High and Metavity are great as well. Never tried a Krown or anything Ti from Turning Point, but some day!

2 Likes

I got to use OD’s #1 citizen while visiting the shop. It’s the only titanium I’ve thrown so far. It was perfect. Absolutely nothing but perfection.

But I just bought a Duncan fh1 20th anniversary Ti off the bst. It should be here Friday! :yo-yo:
Thank you @evildipper

10 Likes

• TiRAMiSU 2: Floatiest, top 3 for me.
  • Lunar Gravity: Stunning, versatile… and fun!
  • Alpine: plays great, CLYW flavored Ti
  • derti: Best Ti transcendental hum sound, organic goodness
  • Ti Fallen Angel (blasted and polished): best 50mm-ish sized throw… Perfect in hand, feels great, love it. Reach for one of them the most. Top 3.
  • Alliance (Rainbow and raw): A happy solid all around performer. Probably top 3…
  • Ti Vayder: solid, consistent player.

Edit:

Grabbed from the readily available stacks, likely forgetting a few.

Alternative aluminums for budget:

• Float: ILYY Lynx
  • Organic: OD Panorama/Diorama
  • Similar to Alliance: OD Rev1

(Alliance, Rev1, Alliance)

(Diorama, derti, Panorama)

20 Likes

Super informative posts, also love the comparisons at the end.

Your rainbow alliance kinda makes me regret not snagging one lol

3 Likes

My list is short and sweet…

• YYF Sugar High
  • YYF TiDREAM
3 Likes

TiSS Draupnir, Calyx, TiSS Hummingbird, Wanker, Wonder (Ti Sleipnir woohoo)

I would say the TiSS Draup and the TiSS Bird were both Champs of pure performance. The Wanker is probably one of the favorites in terms of everyday all round play but the Calyx wins over it only in terms of personal preference being skewed towards more aggressive yoyos. Wonder feels like a hunk of Ti that spins, I love it, still need to magically find the cash to get one haha.

Honorable mentions:

Ti Fusion: Best of the whole fusion line imo, good balance and replaced my metavity.

Metavity: They pop up for $150 on BST and are worth every penny. Usually vibey so get one with the knowledge that it spins good and is great for tricks, not vibe tests. Plenty of power, easy to control and place where you want it.

If money is no object shoot for a Calyx or Wonder for pure Ti

If you want the “best pure performance yoyo that money can buy” imo thats the TiSS Hummingbird (TiSS draup is v hard to get).

But if you want to save a solid chunk of cash and still have something solid: Metavity.

If you want a wanker, get in line hahaha, I’ve been looking for one for ages.

7 Likes

If you want a performance machine, I probably wouldn’t really recommend the Ti Vayder that so many people are recommending. However, the Ti Vayder is plenty capable of doing most of the tricks you can throw at it and it’s pretty stable thanks to its pretty thick rims. I’m not sure if it will outperform the Z1 that you have, but it performs well for a decade old design. It’s well loved because of its play, it plays pretty nimble and fast on the string and is a little floaty. It is, however, on the smaller side with a diameter of only 52mm and it’s pretty difficult to find now.

I would recommend the iYoYo Titanic. I’m not sure how this yoyo hasn’t come up yet. It’s cheap, only $250, and it’s based on the massively popular and well-playing Iceberg (V1). The H-shape allows it to spin for days and it isn’t at all reluctant and is surprisingly quite nimble on the string. Truly one of the best performing titaniums out there and it’s not even $300. All other recommendations here come in over $300 and some even cost $400 or more. No reason not to get one if you like the Iceberg (V1) and H-shapes.

5 Likes

The Citizen never fails to impress those who have not tried lots of titanium throws. Oddly, those that have lots of titanium yo-yo’s seldom list the Citizen among the best.

I bought #107 and sold it almost the same day. Not what I expected from well designed titanium.

7 Likes

I owned and tried lots of titanium (maybe 15-20) and the citizen is easily my favorite. Sure I’ve played some that “perform” better, but it’s got a certain magic.

6 Likes

Agree - I still own a lot of Ti yo-yos (regrettably) C3, RSO, YYR, YYF, Yoyofriends; and to me the ciTizen still just stands out amongst the crowd, the top deck also finds favor as one of if not my favorite mono metal.

But to each their own.

4 Likes

The Citizen is one of my favorite titaniums, if not one of my favorite yoyos period. And while I haven’t owned a bunch of titaniums, I’ve definitely played quite a few… and it’s my fav. Very lucky to have one in my collection.

Alpine is pretty bomb too. Would love to try an Alliance, seems like something I’d dig quite a bit.

3 Likes

I’m not one to talk just due to my laze induced trick knowledge, but I have thrown a decent amount of Titaniums and the one I find most fun and unique is the RSO sushi. Default mode is plain fun and floaty and the narrow catch zone offers filthy casuals like myself much needed practice on accuracy. Also it sings like an angel! I’m sure applying the rubber ring and caps would make it speedier but I’m too hung up on the natural flavor.

6 Likes