Best performing monometal?

I think it is odd that 2sick has two yoyos basically named the same thing. Fianchetto is Italian for “flank attack”.

3 Likes

They may have the same translative meaning, but they are two distinct chess terms.

5 Likes

So you’re saying that the Flank is named after the corner areas of the board, while the Fianchetto is named for the bishop placement in those areas?

1 Like

Right, a Flank attack is a type of attack where White attempts to control the center with pieces from the sides of the board rather than with pawns in the center. Fiancetto, refers to the specific move of placing the Bishop in the square in front if the Knights home square.

So a Fianchettoed Bishop could definitely be part of a Flank attack, but not necessarily.

At least that’s my understanding…

7 Likes

The fianchettoed bishop is so integrally associated with flank attacks that the two are virtually synonymous in common chess parlance. I guess I’m the only one who sees a conspicuous degree of overlap there. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

May be best to say Fiancettoing the Bishop is a specific move, whereas a Flank Attack is a type of opening?

Anyway, they are not considered synonymous in Chess terminology, but I guess there is overlap.

4 Likes

Not sure if it’s been mentioned yet, but the G2 Reaper is one bada$$ playing monometal.

5 Likes

The CLYW Compass, it can handle anything the VTwo can plus it has a hub that’s great for fingerspins. Swap out the responsive snow tires and it can handle even longer tech tricks.

4 Likes

If you’re going on budget, the Yoyofficer Yacare is a monster…excellent throw!

2 Likes

Hmm, there is a monometal in my hand right now that might be the one :wink:

5 Likes

Saw it in the stream early morning :slight_smile:
I was literally almost late on my graduation day too

2 Likes

kuntösh cannot be dissagreed with

7 Likes

ö  

4 Likes

öôps

3 Likes

Yeet

2 Likes

What does that even mean?

2 Likes

Best definition ive been able to muster is that it is the opposite of “yoink”, so it’s kind of like throwing something. Its a meme based on a video where some chick takes her empty can of soda, yells “yeet”, and chucks it into a crowd of people. Kids are now saying it to mean almost anything.

3 Likes

Yeet :metal:

1 Like

Memes are precisely why I don’t expect to be able to communicate with the next generation.

2 Likes

Honestly it reminds me of back when I was a kid pre-internet and people said the same things about “ghetto” speak. But instead of being just a regional thing, it is straight up generational via social media bubbles. Im slowly becoming old and curmudgeonly because im gradually starting to hate all of the new meme words that come out.

Like, I feel kind of like these guys look if I were to ever try and level with Gen Z dialect

4 Likes