Best new performance yo?

Hey guys, I was looking at the YYC yoyo’s, and I remembered that last year I wish I had bought one over the TP Collapsar.

The trouble is, the models are all very similar on paper.

Could someone please help break down a comparison between the

Onslaught

Overdrive Draupnir

Autoscopy

Inevitable

Valkyrie

Which one performs the best? What differences would I notice between the models?

How can I possibly go about choosing which one to purchase.

1 Like

I appreciate that, thank you!

how did you find it felt compared to some YYC models?

Knowing this, I’ll probably hold off on another throw for a little while.

2 Likes

My advice is this (and I’ve really, really been trying to take it/practice this myself recently): if you want to purchase a yoyo but don’t have a specific reason WHY you want to purchase that specific yoyo, you probably shouldn’t be buying it. And by “reason” I don’t mean like… “Oooh it’s organic :)” or “Oh wow I’d love a nice wide bimetal” …that’s not specific enough. I’m talking something like, “I know the Duncan Orbital GTX I have kind of already fills the ‘competitive wide bi metal’ niche in my collection, but I’ve been feeling like the SS rims are a bit too sharp for my taste on the catches. I’d like another bimetal because I love the stability, but maybe something that’s more comfortable on the catch/has a better hand feel. Maybe something with just a bit more weight too since the Orbital GTX is on the lighter side. Possibly the Duncan Grasshopper GTX 2 or the CLYW Wish?” Now that’s a legitimately justifiable reason for buying a throw that allows you not to end up with a million of the same thing/have good contrast to what you already own. In regards to the throws you mentioned up above, I’ve tried most of em and I can assure you none of them perform “the best.” In terms of performance, these yoyos are all equal, and any desire to have one over the other comes down purely to one’s own personal preferences. And in regards to the comparison of the Bishutter to some of those models, I actually prefer the Butter since it’s a more comfortable shape than most of those while still providing the same performance.

14 Likes

Hey guy’s, while we are on this topic, can I ask about bearings?

I use the bearing my butter came with, but I de- shielded it, and run it dry and it plays awesome!

For my yoyo, Or one of the YYC (if I buy one, if I choose to, its solely for a different feel throw and looks)

Would an aftermarket bearing perform any better? Or will the stock de shielded dry bearing play just as good.

Shipping is alot, so if I am going to add a bearing, it makes sense to add one to the throw order.

4 Likes

If it ain’t broke don’t fix it…no need to get another if it works good but it never hurts to have an extra

Here’s a topic I started to ask about bearing shapes if you’re curious. I like flat bearings to learn tricks on because it teaches you how to correct in every mount and through the trick if it starts to go off plane but I’m the minority here(try flats)

5 Likes

Having an extra bearing is always nice. I’ve got a bag of various bearings from different people and places. Some from Ali express that are meh, some from Hollywood modern and a few from yye.

Honestly the bearing isn’t going to make your experience that much better or tricks land that much easier.

That thread with the bearing shapes is helpful and there’s opinions on opinions on what works best. I’m the end it’s all preference like with string.

Tl;dr: if you like how the yoyo plays now then just use what you got and clean it occasionally. If you want to try a different shape bearing to figure out your preference then go for it.

2 Likes

If your goal is just to learn the Diego B tutorials you don’t need any more performance. Bearing differences are negligible as long as you’re not using a flat bearing.

Any 15-30 dollar metal yoyo pretty much with the stock bearing is going to be more performance than you’d ever need if that’s your goal.

Practice will go much further for getting the most out of yoyos than any amount of gear swapping will.

11 Likes

Mable is spot on, practice over gear upgrades every time. Never forget Gentry won nationals on a $15 Replay Pro. Don’t become one of us and waste all your disposable income on yoyos :rofl:

8 Likes

Or do be one of us and buy all the yo-yos. Can’t tell you how to live your life.

3 Likes

Lol.

I can make second throw work if I really want to, after reviewing the budget.
It’s going to be one of the YYC’s I asked about. Are there any comparison threads / reviews, to get a better Idea how they all stack up, I’m honestly not sure how to choose!

3 Likes

Weight, shape, weight distribution, gap width, catch zone, and you can fool with response the easiest to tune/ strings. Those are the factors I think I might have missed something they’re each kinda complex but don’t let them be mystical

most performance yoyos are pretty similar imo and what fradiger and mable said dont focus on gear too much unless you enjoy that

3 Likes

Just found out about the Shutter Evo, sadly this site doesn’t carry them yet.
How would that compare to the yoyorec line up?

I am also looking at the Omnitron Noah.

To summarize. I’d love some feedback comparing the following, or a link to a review video, or comparison video etc.

YYR Autoscopy
YYR Overdrive Draupnir
YYR Onslaught
YYR Valkyrie
C3 Design Omnitron Noah
YYF Shutter Evo

2 Likes

Now im looking at the edge 3.0 2022, vs the IQ vs the shutter evo

Stick with the shutter line. Butter is perfect for practice and when you’re able to push it a little faster, EVO will knock your socks off. I particularly like the Shutter line for the cup design. They are all so versatile for someone learning what style they might like best.

Finger grinds and spins, talon grinds, thumb grinds…. Fully capable cup and catch zone! Palm grinds are a little tricker with the SS rims and probably better had on a reg shutter. Mono I would suggest Shutter wide angle.

2 Likes

I saw a few videos where people hammered the evo :frowning: Saying it’s un-responsive and has a mind of its own, you can’t work with it ) You really prefer yours over your Butter?

I have a 10 discount code if I order from yoyo factory. Because of shipping costs to Canada, It’s a good opportunity to pick up small items I want, so I’m thinking about the NSK CT Silver bearing to put in the shutter evo if I order one. Would it make a small difference?

How about for my butter? I don’t know what the stock bearings are that go into these yoyo’s, maybe the NSK would be an improvement, if so, I think its worth it.

FYI, I de-shield my bearings and clean them with Acetone, no lube. Smooth as can be this way, Way better than how my butter came, and the collapsar when I had it.

Thoughts?

I’d like to see those videos. Mind if it’s own?? That’s an odd statement to make of a yoyo.

I never said I like it better than Butter, it’s just faster. They are both top tier throws in my opinion. You can’t go wrong with either.

I run DS bearings in a lot of my throws.

1 Like

Good stuff!

I actuallly ordered an Evo a little while ago before reading your post. I didnt upgrade the bearing though.

I think it was a good call over a YYC yoyo, allot cheaper thats for sure.

It was the evo or overdrive draupnir.

6 Likes

Excellent. Let us know what you think.

1 Like

I will! Just sucka the shipping is so long…

Ive been eying the pink TP hinemosu, and yoyo expert offers 1-3 day shippijg for $34 USD (Im canadian dollars)

Just wondering if I made the right call buying the Evo over the Hinemosu.

There just arnt enough reviews or threads about the evo. A few folks sat its an F1 car and the lamborghini of yoyos, where does the hinemosu stand in that regard?

Cant change it now.

Hinemosu maybe my next purchase.
Having a wider string gap and narrower body will make technical tricks much easier.

2 Likes

I’m just gonna say this again but if your goal is just to learn Diego B tutorials, the difference between a Cyber Crash 2 vs a Shutter Evo vs a Hinemosu is entirely negigible.

If you want to buy yoyos because you just think they look cool, go for it. But the actual difference in play characteristics will be mostly negligible/placebo.

11 Likes