Best Hybrid Yoyo (Like Iceberg) /rooc/ippon

I love the weighted rims and stability but relative speed of the iceberg without it being too floaty. I’m currently looking at the C3 ROOC and the yoyo Ippon as well. How do they compare? any other suggestions? Also how does the rooc compare to the krown? is it more stable? heavier feeling? I like my krown but would like a slightly more rim weighted throw

3 Likes

I really love my Mowl Surveil, you’ll have to hunt one down on the BST though.

3 Likes

I would fully agree with Isaacs’ suggestion.

I got a Mowl Surveil in a deal recently.

I was floored at how good it is.

But(for me) it outplays most of my legion of yoyos, including my Titanium yoyos.

MAtter of fact… If I scaled my yo-yo collection from 1500 down to about 36>

The Mowl would easily make the cut.

2 Likes

Iyoyo Spinmaster X plays pretty well. 7075 rings instead of steel is cool too.

2 Likes

My favorite Hybrid is the Bolt 2 that @DocPop had C3 make. It can be set up as a jack of all trades in several fashions, the outer rims can also take some abuse. Its a great EDC type of throw, I’ve had mine now for a few years.

5 Likes

As a thrower who first got into this when yoyojam was king I love hybrid yoyos. A well designed hybrid can out perform high end bimetals, and have a feel that is unique.

I agree with @Isaac and @yoyodoc that the mowl surveil is amazing and the first one I thought of when I saw this post. It is definitely one of the best in my collection. If you want wider and a little heavier than the iceberg the Nightmoves X is very good. At its current price here on YYE the Spinmaster X is an incredible bargain. The spinmaster happens to be one of my other favorite hybrids. If you happen to pick up a nightmoves, try playing it without the caps, its much better. I find all of iyoyo’s hybrids to be very good, just pick the one with specs you like. C3’s hybrids are also worth picking up, and you can sometimes find those going for a good deal on the BST.

If you want to go old school it is still possible to find a few yyj sfx and destiny available online, maybe others if you look hard enough. Don’t bother if you can’t tolerate some vibe.

Edit: The YYR Almighty is really fun, very unique and has killer performance too. Recommended.