What’s your favorite modern hybrid yoyo

Just ordered a Dressel Designs Monarch… I wasn’t too impressed by the assassin by him and figured I’d give him another go… and got me thinking what everyone considers the best modern hybrid yo-yo to be? I’ve only thrown a few… Anyone else have a Monarch?

3 Likes

I didn’t like the c3 Rooc very much… and the Something Slash is solid! But that’s all that I’ve tried besides yoyojam throws which definitely play worse than moderns but hit in that nostalgia/unique camp just right

C3 Gamma Crash.

3 Likes

Thanks! I will look into this… I’ve sold all my c3’s :frowning: they just never hit right for me but it’s usually because the engravings… Looks pretty banger tbh tho too bad it’s out of stock everywhere

Mowl surveil is the best I’ve tried. Definitely get the matte version as well.

6 Likes

I’ve been tempted… was put off by someone saying if it got cold it didn’t work right though?

Hands down the @mowl Surveil

Got 2 and want more lol

Feels more like frosted glass rather than poly and butter smooth for me. Over the Speeder, iceberg, Roc. This one blows them outta the water with spin time, and just overall just feels better.

3 Likes

I mean if you’re buying doubles it must be good

1 Like

“I really enjoyed this yoyo as I was practicing in my living room, but when I brought it outside I found out it is unusable. When the temp is below 50f or 18c the rims slide on the plastic. Basically turns the weight rings into hubstacks. This ruins the momentum and makes it unplayable. I guess this is just a climate control or summer daytime yoyo. Can’t be used at night when temps get low. Contacted mowl and got the run around. This is a $90 waste of my time. Also it has special shims only available from mowl that fly out of the yoyo really easily. No extras included so be careful when taking apart.”

This review on the site always makes me second guess the purchase though

2 Likes

That sounds like they had a defective one, ive played mine in -5⁰f weather in chicago with zero issues while i was at some new years light show :sweat_smile:

Also i dont really take my yoyos apart and know to pick a piece up like the shims if they fall out. Really wouldnt use that for your decision lol :laughing:

2 Likes

OG iyoyo iceberg with a white ceramic bearing embrace the noise

I express this opinion each time this type of post comes up.

Everyone have a great end to the weekend

5 Likes

Reassuring for sure!

1 Like

I had to get rid of my rooc cuz I disliked the noise ha but that finger spin cup looks great and I do love my shooting star which I’m pretty sure is plastic version

I can finger spin my Surviel for days! Dont ask me why it works but it does sooooo well :laughing: I can 1000% take a video if you need the proof before buying @yoyo7

Can happily hit the dna and all that for the tiktok kids who ask lol :smile:

1 Like

Digamma crash!

1 Like

You’ve sold me good sir… finger spins are def a fav because I’m not that technical

Monarch is the goat, unironically, for hybrids.

2 Likes

one drop rally for me

2 Likes

im excited to try it… purple colorway is beautiful

Be excited, it’s a great yoyo :slight_smile: