Best customer experience

So I’ve dealt with allot of vendors and merchants and manufacturers in a bunch of industries through different work I’ve done and the yoyo space by far has some of the best customer engagement and service I’ve dealt with as a customer.

However even in the niche industry of skill toys there are those that stand out. I’m curious what some of y’all’s stories or engagements have been that stand out in your mind?

For me YYE has been fantastic and answered any question, Taken any return and generally tried to help in the rare times an order had a problem.

YoTricks also has always been very helpful and corrected errors when they have come up without a problem.

Zero Gravity Return Tops (ZGRT) have hands down been my favorite people to engage with and best customer experience to date. Not only are there yo-yos awesome but they answered some of my dumbest questions about there products quickly and professionally. They have gone above and beyond to help when I had an issue that was a user error in the end and they have reliably engaged and responded any time I’ve asked them a question.

Special mentions to all the guys with a lathe who take custom orders and make art you can play with. Never had a bad conversation or problem with the wood turning folks.

Bonus my least favorite experience has to be Yomega. I wrote them a letter a long time ago in the 90’s and they never returned my correspondence. I’ll always be a bit salty about that.

8 Likes

I have had good experiences with YYE, TheYo (defunct) and Dave’s Skill Toys (defunct) in the yoyo sphere. I have also dealt with Spintastics (defunct) and Yomega in the past. Had good experiences with these people as well. Yomega readily replaced a defective yoyo in the mid 90’s,. Dale Oliver and his wife Valerie are special people as is Andre (YYE). I hold YoMike of TheYo in a special place (RIP Mike).

Outside of the yoyo world, I’ve had a very good experience with the people at Buck Knives on a number of occasions.

5 Likes

YoTricks replaced a faulty Sage several years ago for me.

@jeffreypang911 totally reimbursed me for a wonky Fulvia this year! :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Zipline Strings!

3 Likes

Monkeyfinger ray is the best in the business

A-rt has been pretty good to me. They held onto 2 yoyos on 2 different drops to ensure I got them before selling out.

I have had very good experience with YYE, Yoyo Tricks, Yoyo Sam, Zipline and Zgrt.

All class acts!

2 Likes

Loaded question since official Forum rules request we do not mention other online yoyo stores. The Yoyo Expert online shop and Andre’s store A 2 Z financially sponsors this forum.

1 Like

Fair enough. I guess I could have specified brands sold by yye as I’ve reached out to ask questions of yoyo companies sold by yye even when I didn’t buy direct.

2 Likes

Or great experience here on BST.

1 Like

I really was just looking for stories of great experiences with purchasing or interacting with those that sell or make yo-yos. Intentionally left it broad but I get not wanting to drive attention away from those that fund the board.