Best CLYW

Agreed. Every Clyw is made at the same quality level so it’s really all about preference. There is no best CLYW.

All I have if the Arctic Circle and I think it’s great.

This is egsactly what I wanted people to post! Now i want to get a cliff, because of his post, Not his vote!

now that i think of it, the topic should be, Favorite CLYW

I like the puffin (I have 3) and the chief (I have 4) those are hands down the best yogis I have ever used. And will be my favorites forever.

Puffin and Chief have my vote. Puffins are just fun. I don’t think of them as competition yoyos since they’re rather lacking in stability and spin time (compared to other competition models), but man do they put a smile on your face when you’re throwing them.

The Chief is just the powerhouse of the CLYW line. Majestic, in a way, like a lion. Soft-spoken yet powerful. This is actually the first time in weeks I’m without one. IMO, the lighter versions are order of magnitude better than the heavier ones.

The old Avalanche (2nd and 4th runs, specifically) gets 3rd place. Sort of feels like the little brother to the Chief. Plays excellently and has lots of power behind it. Much quicker than the Chief, too.

1. Sasquatch. Basically a heavier Avalanche. And that’s exactly what it feels like.

2. Gnarwhal. Another unassuming model. Plays wonderfully. Kind of ‘boring’, in a sense. There’s not much to say about the Gnar.

3. Arctic Circle. I’ve only tried the heavier version, and I didn’t care for it much. Like the GE, it feels too dense. Still a blast to throw. Though the gap felt a little small.

4. CLIFF. Plays great, but felt like it overshot the perfect size the GE was going for. Uncomfortable in hand and felt rather hollow. Plus the high price doesn’t feel like it’s matched to the play you get.

5. Glacier Express. Didn’t really feel like a CLYW to me. Too ‘dense’ and small. Played decent, but just didn’t feel good to me.

6. H5xChief. Again, didn’t feel like a CLYW. Too big and the spin times were surprisingly less than what you’d think given the size and weight of it. Still quite fun to throw. Probably because I kept laughing at how big it was.

7. Haven’t played a Comeback Ava so I can’t comment on it.

Then why wasted people’s time with a poll?

Too much polling, not enough throwing.

Haha, love this quote!
honestly, if i see a throw i like, i check if i have the cash
and i buy it.
idc if its to my preference, i just play for the heck of it!

Cliff Is a good choice. :slight_smile:

Because I wanted to see how many people liked it, without counting the posts.
I am kinda annoyed that almost nobody is posting!

what? you have a million opinions on the thread. Just buy one, OK?

gump

I love them all… You should have included all of them ???

I would say my top three are the Chief, Puffin and Avalanche though… They are all great yoyo’s.

Just depends on my mood which ones I play more on any given day…

If your wondering why there are not a lot more posts… well your subject line is well… subjective…

based on your preferences, you should get an avalanche.

you didn’t list any preferences. Just get an avalanche.

If you can, get yourself a peak off the BSTs. You won’t regret it

Yeah now i want a chief and a peak.

I’ve played with all of them…

My favorites are Chief, Puffin, Comeback Ava.

They play so well. Ive owned tons of Peaks, Bvm’s, Cliffs etc… but I havent got the same satisfaction as I do out of the Puffin, Cheifs, and Avalanche that I have!

If this is your first clyw I would really recommend getting a Chief :slight_smile:

1 Like

This guy knows what he’s talking about