Best advice for adult beginner

I’d say I"m beginning yoyo-er and do impress my friends with only a few tricks, what are some intermediate tricks that a beginner definitely needs to know!

1 Like

Kwijibo will blow minds, but the matrix is no slouch either and it’s not terribly difficult. Hard for me to gauge what you mean by beginner but if you can hit double or nothing with consistency, you should be good with matrix

3 Likes

I have been at it for about a year and i still consider myself a beginner as well. Matrix and the Zipper are a couple tricks that arnt to difficult that always seem to impress those i show. Ive just mastered magic drop but it is a trick that is unimpressive looking to me and took me alot of practice to get down. Grinds are really fun and they seem to blow minds. Very easy too. In the learn section of this site is a valuable resource, i have learned all my tricks here.

2 Likes

MAtrix looks like the next thing I need to be doing. I have double or nothing pretty good… Still working on getting the yoyo to come back like I most guys do in the videos… Looks like they just toss it up and it binds…
I have several yoyos and they’re all unresponsive.

Yeah there’s a little more than just tossing it upward like a responsive yoyo, still have to bind it. I’d try to explain but I’d do absolutely no justice trying to lay it out in text format. Good news is you don’t have to sky bind if it’s not in your repertoire! Any bind is fair game

1 Like

so its called sky bind. dang… now I know. lol

Rewind is another trick that is a good one to learn. It helped me greatly with accuracy of landing on strings.

1 Like

All those mentioned are totally right. I’d also advise you to learn eli hops really solidly, boingy boing, and seasick.

2 Likes

Thanks Evan! BTW you play music! That’s what I do for a living! I just tinker with yoyo… got a collection going… lol