Bent bearing seat fix

I have an unresponsive yoyo that looks like it has a bent bearing seat.
It screws in okay and doesnt look too wonky but vibes a lot.

If I pop in a slim bearing, there is about 0.5mm of space left which i guess gives the bearing enough room to straighten out and the vibe is gone to a large extent.

How do I widen the gap width while keeping this behaviour so it doesnt play responsive?
Are there bearings that are wider than a half spec but thinner than a full C sized bearing?

Any other ideas?

I don’t understand how a narrower bearing seems to fix the problem. I’d be interested to see the gap distribution from one side to the other with both bearings if you have a feeler gauge to measure it.

2 Likes

Idk how the slim bearing fits it, but find a pair of shims that can fit the seat.

1 Like

I dont really have any measuring devices really.
My working theory is that since the slim bearing is not touching both the bearing seats since its slimmer than the minium gap width the bearing posts will go, it doesnt tilt due to the bent bearing post.
Straight bearing less vibe.

Have you tried peeing on it to assert your dominance over the yo-yo ?

4 Likes

I started with that… I think I made things worse.

4 Likes

Ahh I see now it’s shivering with fear , I hate when that happens

3 Likes

Did it come like that or did you damage it while playing? If it came like that I would ask for a refund or replacement

A stackable feeler gauge works fine if you have one. Generally used to set valves or spark plug gaps.

2 Likes

I got a refund but its a rare boi so Im trying to fix it haha.

1 Like

Are you able to see if the bearing post / seat is actually physically bent? Have you tried a different axle in it?

Yep. Bent very slightly. At first I didnt notice it at all and just thought the yoyo was vibey due to a loose bearing post maybe but when you screw in the halves you can see it not being level.