Ben's Alphabetacular Yoyo Review: Dressel Designs Monarch

I mean… just wow.

First off let me say that this is a quiet hybrid. In that aspect it’s already a unicorn. Secondly, I’m seriously unsure what sort of dark magic went into making this yoyo. It is simultaneously fast yet slow and forgiving when you need it. Gentle yet able to power through all the combos I know (granted, although i have improved, I still am not an amazing player yet, I just know what I’m doing). Seemingly infinite stability.

This thing almost beats out the Hydrogen Crash in terms of which yoyo I like the best. The only, ONLY thing I will say against it is that it isn’t quite as capable as the Crash is at horizontals, but I am still inexperienced at those and may be suffering more from pilot error than anything else.

Seriously. You’re doing yourself a disservice not getting this yoyo. Beats the ROOC by a wide margin.

Ben’s Alphabetcular Rating: SS, although I want to say MM as a nod towards the Venture Bros and the Mighty Monarch.

9 Likes

Monarch’s my favorite unresponsive yoyo hands down. I’ll agree with this review.

3 Likes

Thank you for the kind write up :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Monarch easily trumps every hybrid as of late!

2 Likes