Monarch by Dressel Designs - Releasing Friday October 28th 8pm ET!

Monarch-Extra1

The Monarch is a hybrid yoyo inspired by classic YoYoJam models but with modern design cues. It features a Polycarbonate body and Aluminum weight rings. It offers tons of rim weight along with a modest center weight cap in the hub.

MONARCH MONARCH MONARCH @tomascipra edition. 10-28 #wantmonarch   Swipe for @thesisyoyos exclusive damage test😂😂  📸@editionyoyo SPECS #wantmonarch  This is the last main colorway set for the Monarch (we still have some special editions to reveal tho!!). Was definitely watching some dragon ball when I came up with these colors.  Specs- 56…

The result is an elegant and distinct yoyo that demands your attention on and off the string. It has something for every player. Whether you’re just spreading your wings or ready to rule the stage, Monarch is sure to help you achieve your goals.

Monarch-Extra2

This release will also include the YoYoExpert Edition which is inspired by the Dark Magic 2 - Black Spade Edition!

Monarch-YoYoExpert-Edition-01 Monarch-YoYoExpert-Edition-02

From Dressel Designs: King of spades Monarch, AKA YYE edition. My favorite engraving on a yoyo we’ve ever done.

16 Likes

Really nice design! I love the look of the aluminum against the polycarbonate.

I hope it isn’t rude to ask about the price. It seems at first glance to be a bit higher than other plastic and aluminum hybrids, like the Hitman or the OD Rally. Is that due to production costs? Thank you!

2 Likes

Thank you!

Not rude to ask at all. It’s actually in line with more recent hybrid pricing. I wanted to make it a bit cheaper but it plays well above it’s price range regardless.

4 Likes

Thank you so much for the response, as well as the price reference points! I appreciate you being open to my question.

2 Likes

I love hybrids and this one looks awesome. Made me break out my Dark Magic II.

12 Likes

You gotta get the YYE one now to match the set.

4 Likes

Then I would have to get 2 :smile:. I’ve been eyeing the purple/pink rim version.

2 Likes

Can’t go wrong with any color :joy:

3 Likes

I’m a hybrid junkie and you did amazing on the monarch. Will def be getting my hands on one!

3 Likes

Do it dude, its so good

4 Likes

Im tempted to snag a second and I hate doubles

4 Likes

Oh I believe it. Patrick is a legend

4 Likes

Really don’t want to miss out on this one :face_with_peeking_eye::eyes:

3 Likes

Actually I’m surprised he even answered your question, lol….

As a price comparison reference, why would you pick out 2 oooold yoyo models that were priced years ago before inflation went through the roof?

Comparing the Monarch to the Mowl Surveillance or the Iceberg……and about 8 other hybrids ‘out now’, the prices are almost the same.

Funny stuff……

3 Likes

I’ve had a monarch in my hand for what feels like AGES now, especially with how fast releases were coming out. This yoyo since day 1 has been a top favorite of mine. Buy with confidence that you are getting a solid yoyo, and although I cant speak to personal preferences, it gets my full recommendation (whatever that is worth).

7 Likes

Most other plastic and aluminum yoyos I found to compare it to weren’t made of polycarbonate, but of Delrin, which I thought was a more expensive material. I was also basing the question on the number of full aluminum yoyos you can buy for around the same price, whereas this has a plastic body. I’m still pretty new to the hobby, and appreciated the chance to ask the question.

If people didn’t ask questions, even questions you might consider stupid or obvious, they’d never learn anything. Thanks for giving me the chance to learn! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Thank you for the information - and that picture you took of the Monarch is amazing, btw. I guess I didn’t know how much I actually wanted one until I saw that picture. :star_struck::heart_eyes::star_struck:

1 Like

Haha dont let the hype get to you. I will say look at the specs, see if you like that kind of shape and then take the risk if you pass the initial “yep thats what I am looking for” check

3 Likes

I’m another one who has a strict “no duplicates” rule.

I have two Monarchs.

This yoyo is THAT GOOD.

It drips fun and performs beast.

Don’t sleep on this one - your only decision should be which color to choose (a TOUGH one with all these dope colorways!)

4 Likes

It’s a bit more expensive because there is an extra step required to make this yoyo (pressing the rims on like a bimetal) it’s less about the materials in that sense and more about the complexity

3 Likes