Benchmark Series 2013

I don’t think you understand.
The machines are investments that David and Shawn have made for their company.
Most people don’t have this accessibility that they have.

In the end, yes the cost is important, as per your YYF example. But also time, the accessibility to tools, knowledge, and experience are just as, if not more important.
For YYF, I’m sure their partner machine shop is getting full-time usage. Larger companies have the time and funds to do so. Smaller companies do not.

If you think you can go to any machine shop and ask for something to be made, then I’m sure everyone would be making yoyo’s, yet you see only a certain number of machine shops in this industry that machines for other brands.

What I’ve said was to represent that they have knowledge and experience required to do something like this, as well as the resources.

You do bring up some good points, and whilst there were a few things I was going to add, I don’t want to clog up thread with debate, so I’ll just leave it there. I appreciate you re-editing your post, and I apologise if I came across condescendingly, that was never my intention.

On the topic at hand, I’m loving the look of those solid colours (especially the blue), so I’ll probably look to get a matching blue set when these drop. Also got news that they’re coming to our UK supplier, which is just awesome because it means I can save on shipping/customs. :smiley:

Do we have any shot of the cups yet?

I had to edit to explain a little more concise as my initial statement may have made you think astray of what I meant.

I believe the closest thing to a cup shot is on their facebook. Very simplistic.

The thing I’m most excited about is the solid color no engraving. I desperately wish this was the standard.

2 Likes

2 Likes

This is why I hold ILYY throws so close to my heart. While they’ve made some engraved versions of their throws, the candyblasted vibrant solids are my absolute favorite. I think the engraving on the Nile is pretty cool (adopted from a death metal band and the addition of the Egyptian eye and the wings), but I think the yoyo could have stood on its own merits without it.

I definitely want to get a red/green/blue trio, but I personally would also like the spikes to match. I’m not big on the black or silver spikes all too much.

I was thinking silver spikes all around as I like a bit of contrast(I need silver spikes in my stock Zombie Thunderstorm Code 2, or red… haven’t decided, but black just doesn’t work for me in there as far as appearance goes), but yeah, now that you mention in, color-matched spikes would be an awesome option. I wonder if OD might go ahead and ship them stock like that?

NO WAY!!! These are quite literally the exact colors I want for each one! And looks like they are going to have spike SE’s…AWESOME! I’m buying these when they drop.

We experienced a power outage at the shop that set us back 6 days. Our Side Effect machine was also down for maintence. When assembling these Benchmarka, we had to salvage what we had at the shop to get these out before the holidays!

It was a very hectic last month.

Nom nom nom.

LOVE it!

:smiley:

AAHHHHH Onedrop, all these throws look so amazing! I love that you guys decided on making it more of a standard shape instead of doing something outlandish. Now we can pretty much be guranteed satisafaction since these designs are pretty fail-safe. I <3 you guys, I’ll have to pick up a V and/or O.

I really hope there is an option to purchase as a set for a slightly discounted price.

I think that’ll be down to YYE. I know that our UK store is doing a deal when we buy all 3. :slight_smile:

These haven’t even come out yet and I’m already wishing that there was an undersized Benchmark Series too. I’m so spoiled.

Haha! YUSS! This would be brilliant. A benchmark series at all size intervals. I just wish they were blasted. :wink: Or that I could get a raw one to be sent out for processing. I know neither are going to happen, just dreaming…!

i wonder if muculucob could blast them for onedrop ???