Benchmark Series 2013

Intriguing…

Who’s gonna start the H-shape vs Shutter debate for budget high-end aluminums?

Me
OMG GUYS SHUTTER IS TOTALLY BETTER OMG OMG OMG U GUYS CANT KEEP FALLING FOR THIS GUYS STUFF GUYZ OMG SHUTTER /endsarcasm xD
In all honesty that V looks amazing. I have to get that one… It’s like a rockstar with side effects and it looks epic.

Will be getting two of the three.

That H-Shape is very reminiscent of the Code 1, which many of you know, I love. I’m very interested to see how it would play when compared to the Code 1. They share more than just shape too–the specs seem to be pretty (“pretty” being used as a general term) close.

ha yeah the V is most intriguing to me. Not a fan of organics.

Normally I don’t like organics, but this one is calling my name.

Isn’t the code 2 a metal rally.

Yes they are extremely similar in shape, but saying that the code 2 is a metal rally is pretty ridiculous to me. They obviously have different weight distributions, along with the fact that the code 2 has projection profile grooves, side effects, and is 2mm smaller. A better way of saying that is that they have similar shapes. I’m sorry if That came off harsh as that was not my intentions.

Is was just saying they have similar (the same) shape. As that’s what was being questioned … Benchmark v shape vs rally shape .

In that case you are correct, I am sorry, I misunderstood your statement.

Code 2 is a little wider. Pretty close, but not the same.

I was first intrigued by One Drop when the Rally was released. I have yet to buy any One Drop yoyos and I was planning for the Rally to be my first. Now it has changed. I WANT BENCHMARKS EVEN MORE!
If raw versions of the Benchmark Series are sold or atleast still retains the shiny silver colours, I would love to get two, if not one! Show me what One Drop is all about!

Any cup shots out there yet?

These look incredible. Not only is it an amazing idea in itself, but the ability to get a SE-equipped Onedrop for $60.00 is ridiculous. The Chik is fantastic value for money as it is, but this takes it to a new level.

First the Rally, then the Shutter, and now this. The big companies are really upping their game when it comes to great value recently.

Needless to say, I plan on buying all 3.

Thats pretty much any YYR throw. Most of them were roughly based off the same design, so you can just pick one that fits the stats you want.

So your relationship with the left is a love hate one I’m guessing?

1 Like

Interesting concept, and should be fun, but i was kinda hoping for something more. I want titanium, bi-metal, undercuts, crazy shapes, something special. One Drop is the one American shop that i think could handle a truly unique project. Stop chasing the low hanging fruit. While yeah there’s tons of people who will buy $60 yoyos, there’s also a lot who will pay substantial amounts for really special yoyos, and i’d love to see some focus there.

That said i’ll probably buy a whole set, but still, i’m tired of sending all of my money to Japan for fancy yoyos.

1 Like

This a great idea and great for beginners looking to get their first metal. They can experience the whole same specs different feel thing.

How well will they be able to grind?

Pyramatte. It will grind, but it’s not on par with soda or bead blasting. Pyramatte has a great feel in the hand, but don’t let anyone tell you it’s equal to a blast for grinds.

However, being able to process batches of halves with a pyramatte tumble helps keep costs and mess in check. :wink: I’m down with that.