Benchmark Series 2013

O please.

Iā€™m almost certainly in for the H and the V.

In response to those calling these a great first metal, it almost certainly will be; however I think that it will be much more than that. I personally want them because I value high quality/performance yoyos that Iā€™m not afraid to play, and bang up. My favorite yoyoā€™s are the ones that are solid colors and not special editions because I donā€™t mind tossing them in a pocket or in my bag and taking them with me when I do stuff.

These offer a great bang for the buck, made in USA side effect yoyo that is priced low enough that I feel comfortable taking it with me everywhere. Plus they have that wonderful finish. Seriously its like the Guys at One Drop have Paul out catching fairies to grind up and toss in the Pyramatte process.

I realize Iā€™m preaching to the choir here, I just donā€™t think these should be viewed as just first metals which some people seem to be tagging them as already. To me they represent everyday metals.

1 Like

I never thought of that. There is one thing that I disagree on and thatā€™s not worrying about getting it dinged. Donā€™t get me wrong I donā€™t mind dings but when they are at a limited quantity I would be a little more careful. Maybe I would feel different if I got two of the ones I think I would carry the most.

Iā€™m planning to get all three. What I like is ā€œsame specs, different shape/weight distributionsā€. This shows that specs alone are fairly trivial in the bigger picture of things when discussing yoyos. Dimensions and weight only tell a physical story that is not very descriptive.

Even if these are value-oriented, I still think they look amazing. I canā€™t wait to be able to acquire a set. At this price, I could get a set for my kid too.

1 Like

I second that!

Iā€™m not talking about yoyos to be careless with, but just ones that its not the end of the world to see get used and not worried about. Like my 28 stories avalanche isnā€™t going out to the bar when I hangout with my friends, but my Superstar or maybe these benchmarks-- sure. The reason Iā€™m seeing these benchmarks that way is the lower price, the lack of ā€œcollectibleā€ colorways and the lack of laser engraving. To me these seem like bare bones performance players. They got everything I need, nothing I donā€™t and beg to come everywhere.

Iā€™m also excited about the same specs different shape, I think its a really cool take on these.

I agree wholeheartedly, I have a Kojo Supernova I barely touch because I donā€™t want to ding it. These yoyos are value performance yoyos and I just might pick up 2 sets just because they are cheap.

This feels like a lot more like a statement than a real yoyo-set. Either way, Iā€™m buying all three of these ASAP.

Great concept! One drop rocks.

I want the ones on the right or left those 2 yoyos look amazing!

Neat idea. The only Side Effects yoyo I own is a Bapezilla so Iā€™m not exactly on that train, but Iā€™m a huge fan of minimalism and this seems to be a idealogical return to the original Project, which is still my favorite One Drop Iā€™ve ever thrown.

All three on my wishlist. thank goodness I have a job interview on mondayā€¦

That certainly explains your yoyo designs. Iā€™m not saying thatā€™s a negative. Iā€™ve noticed with like the Roll Model and DieNasty, it just seemed to be ā€œonly what you need, nothing moreā€. Despite this, they are still great yoyos that I really enjoy.

I do like minimalism whenever possible. I think with so many companies trying to go with yoyos that are not just great performers but are also visually more engaging, I think this return to ā€œonly what you needā€ mentality will be a refreshing change or step back.

All yoyo companies ( clyw ) cough coughā€¦ Should take notes and do something like this

Not sure if thatā€™s clywā€™s styleā€¦

Hey so I did some more research and found t was a yoyojoker yoyo called the stratosmirage

I thought you had a 54 too, if I remember correctly it was your review of the 54 that influenced my purchase.

You can interchange any yo-yo halves, provided they have the same bearing size and axle size. The primary effect of differently weighted halves is precession.

Looks awesome! Canā€™t wait to get one.

You mean like the Campfire and Bonfire? Wasnā€™t the whole point of both those models to be well below $100?