Beginner Yoyo

Getting good at a yoyo? only have one from Walmart? Well, Dont get a journey or anything like that! NOOOOOOO! Get a DarkMagic for your first GOOD yoyo. TRUST ME! it will boost your learning by a WHOLE LOT! i got it three months ago and i started as beginner. and now i am geting into expert! You need a X-convict or a Darkmagic. They are amazingly good for beginners to advanced 2, or expert. The darkmagic is fast and enough spin time to learn al those tricks!

Umm.

Umm.

I would have to say this is a pointless topic, honestly. There are a lot of good yoyos out there, and to cover your OPINION, there are lots of topics about beginner yoyos that end in the person getting a Dark Magic.

But yes, the Dark Magic is a good yoyo.

1 Like

I still don’t think its the best beginner yoyo.

I went from a Mosquito to a DM, and it was perfect for me. But, I wouldn’t make a post saying it is the best one, because it really is mainly about preferences. Let them figure out what yoyo they want by themselves.
Although, the DM probably is one of the best yoyos for learning and more. ;D

Yea but it makes you learn faster than a mosquito or journey, it was my first yoyo and i got to expert less than three months ;D and also this for beginners that just joined not that are still learning

No offense, but for beginners, I usually recommend a journey, lyn fury, or a speedmaker. These yoyos are responsive unlike the DM, and can be modded later to be unresponsive. (Silicone)

1 Like

I got a totally unresponsive kickside for absolute beginning 'bout 3 months ago. And I’m on the master 2 level tricks. What’s your point? Any yoyo is fine for most, if not all tricks.

And the lack of metal rims on those three means you won’t feel so horrible when you smack it into a wall or the concrete of a sidewalk. :stuck_out_tongue:

DM or a freehand zero would be just fine ;D

Okay… then…: Getting good at a yoyo? only have one from Walmart? Well, Dont get a Dark Magic or anything like that! NOOOOOOO! Get a Journey for your first GOOD yoyo. TRUST ME! it will boost your learning by a WHOLE LOT! i got it three months ago and i started as beginner. and now i am geting into expert! You need a Lyn Fury or a Journey. They are amazingly good for beginners to advanced 2, or expert. The Journey is fast and enough spin time to learn al those tricks!

1 Like

Yeah like I learned on a Dif-e-yo Wide Sport. Everything comes down to preference and patience.

Or get a hitman. :o No, howabout any yyj plastic and thick lube. You might want to consider that many people don’t like hybrid response.

But if they’re getting their first yoyo, that doesn’t matter. They won’t have preferences yet.

But later on when they do have preferences they might either have a lyn or a kickside and more people would choose a lyn. Then they have a great plastic with a response they like. Unless you are one of the fewer people who like hybrid over double o.

If they get to the point that they find out they don’t like what they have, they can trade.

Sorry, I sound like I’m a know-it-all. I’m not. I’m just backing up my opinion on the subject.

i would get a speed dial for a beginner. because you can do all the beginner tricks then make it un-responsive for the advanced-master tricks. i got one and its awsome!!!

see this is a necro post (look at the date its too far away) but considering your new i understand why. Anyways a necro post is when the post is like a month or more difference. :wink: next time watch the date so unneeded posts dont come back up.

i went from beginner to expert in 1.5 months…beat that

and… they still dont listen

i am going pretty slow