beating a dead horse...poor thing

Like Snafu said, to “beat a dead horse” is to keep talking about a subject that has already been thoroughly discussed. The OP says he is “beating a dead horse” because questions like “what yoyo should I get” show up everyday, thus, the horse has been beaten, as he is opening discussion about a topic that has been discussed many times over.

I don’t know why, but the question about beating a dead horse makes me laugh. I figured it would be just a catchy subject line considering this question has been asked several times. I checked over the search results, but sometimes it it difficult to find one to relate to your exact situation…and I just have a lot of questions… lol

Beating a dead horse is just a figure of speech as was stated a few posts ago. It literally means to continue beating the horse after it has already died which is fruitless labor…hence the title…beating a dead…asking what yo-yo to buy…same concept. I do appreciate the help and advice so far though.

My top three options would be:

1. Get the Classic Combo. Buy a YYJ Classic, 100 Kitty String (normal, fat, thin, or 1.5 depending on your preference), IrPads (Conventional Size, to replace the rubber O ring response that makes it responsive), an unresponsive bearing (I reccommend a One Drop TenBall or maybe a Trifecta if you’re willing), and some thin lube. One of the best plastics out there

2. Get a Shutter. Played one at Worlds, will last you the Journey, unlike the YYJ Journey (lol)

3. Get a Minute. If you like smaller yoyos, this yoyo is great. Smoothest yoyo I’ve thrown for well under $100.

Well my Rally came in the mail yesterday!! It will definitely take some getting used to, and this bearing is loud! Overall I am pretty excited, and hopefully I can get a feel for this design that I am not used to holding (still working on throwing a stright sleeper 0.o). Once I get a good feel for it, I think learning more technique and tricks will be much easier than trying to learn on my HWHW. Thanks again for the help and recommendatoins guys.