bearings

i have a dark magic and the bearing is so loud u can hear it across the house. i was looking at getting a konkave bearing. is it worth getting and what does it do specifically? and what is the difference between the ceramic one and regular one is ith worth getting the ceramic one?

KK’s will probably not make it more silent. The ceramic ones are a little more silent, but not that much.
10 Ball bearings are the ones that seem to run the most silent during play.

1 Like

oh ok…i think i just need to lube it its been like 4 months since i got it and i havent lubed it at all. but like noise aside is it worth gettin kk bearings?

Not in a Dark Magic.

y not?

The advantage of a KK is that if you have pads sitting right up next to the bearing, it will keep the string from rubbing against the pads or jamming between the pads and the bearing. Aside from Duncan, nobody has made yoyos in years without a wall between bearing and response. The wall does the same thing, allowing you to use a flat bearing, which allows more room for the string to slide around as well as more ready response with less snagging. Basically, the KK is outdated and unnecessary now.

In the case of YYJs, some people, for whatever reason, prefer KKs. But it has never been a necessity or, in the opinion of most who’ve tried it, an actual improvement.

Quick rule of thumb: gimmick bearings are a waste of money. They’re decent bearings, but the extra money you’d spend is pretty much wasted on the gimmick.

1 Like