bearing went down the sink (will my sink be alright?)

I finally got my offstring! And let’s just say something happened, and the bearing went down the faucet…

How should I handle this? Ask my parents to call the plumber?

I checked the drain and the water seems to be running fine…

Admin edit: please watch the language. Do not use the censor.

Thanks
Icthus

don’t mind me asking, but what was the yoyo doing near the sink?

anyway, check in here, YYE carries a lot of bearings, I’m sure that you can find the right bearing here

http://shop.yoyoexpert.com/category/18/Bearings

the bearing that went down the faucet is likely done for. Plumber would be too much, and being that it’s steel, it will likely rust soon anyway.

Oh darn should be the tittle (:

First of all to assert your situation Read post below.
What Offstring yoyo is it?
I’ll guide you to a Link towards the correct bearing and the rest is your problem (:

First of all if the water is running fine and their is NO Problems Please dont go for the bearing.
It is only 5-6$ for a brand new bearing and it would save you the trouble to call for plumbing and fix.
So I’m giving you the advice not to go for the bearing.
However i’m not a plumber but I can say the bearing should not do ANY effects.
Chances are Paperthin as if you think about it you’ve dropped bigger solids inside the pipes before.
This has happend to me once and it has not done anything towards the pipe.
So if everything’s working just order a New bearing.
Please don’t go for trying to retrieve it as it is a pain in the rear end and you’d have to go through extreme measures to even save it [ Of course after saving it you can’t guarntee it’s not a dead bearing].

It was my fiesta XX :////… I was playing it outside since I didn’t want to damage anything in the house, and then BOOM it went to the jacuzzi. Since it was really dirty too from rolling in the garden, I thought about cleaning it too. When I (foolishly) opened the throw in front of the sink, the bearing went down…

Oh I was wondering if the faucet’s/plumbing is going to be fine LOL thank you for your reply though!

in my not so expert opinion, the sink should be fine… and heres a tip… when ever i have something small near a drain, be it a bearing, some jewelery, a childs tooth, etc… i place a bowl over it… or one of them handle strainers…

Is that a C bearing? Pm me your address. I have hundreds of bearings, and am using exactly none of them.

1 Like

This is why the yoyoing community rocks :slight_smile:

^ No other community like this.

Thank you for your kindness, but no thanks Mr. Haponik I’m fine :DDDD I have some yoyos I don’t use often so I’m gonna do that. Thank you so much though! I was more concerned about my sink than my bearing haha

Doesn’t sound like a huge deal to me. It most likely got stuck in the P-Trap. Not hard to check. Probably only need a small bucket and some towels. Oh yeah, a pair of channel locks would probably help. I am sure there are videos on youtube that show how to remove a P-Trap from a sink if you can’t figure it out on your own.

Good luck, I hope this helps.

Rob

1 Like

As what yo rob said, it’s probably still in the drain trap

Look under your sink and find the U shaped pipe, there is usually a wing nut on either side of the U. Loosen both sides(put a bucket or bowl underneath it) and it should be in the U pipe.

You will probably will have to clean it.

I agree. The odds are it’s in the drain trap, the U-shaped pipe near the bottom, The issue is you want to plug the other end of the pipe because that trap is designed to prevent sewer gasses from coming back up/out. And, these can be kind of nasty! I had to replace my garbage disposal recently, and before that I had to clear clogs in the drainage pipes in the kitchen as well. Since I have to take it all apart, I just go ahead and clean the pipes out really good before I put them back. Might as well, right?

(Note: MANY household repairs can be done by homeowners. I swear, YouTube must be making thousands of plumbers, electricians and other home repair contractors going mad! Of course, I am talking mostly simple things. Don’t want YouTube videos and then go and re-wire your entire house! Watch Holmes on Homes for that!)

Short of that, order a new bearing.

Also, my wife gets these inexpensive drain covers. It’s basically like the handheld strainer except drain-sized. Actually, I recommend these for any home. Keeps things like hair, metal, jewelry, utensils, marbles, toys, yoyo bearings and other undesired stuff from going down the drain. We maybe replace them every year or so, the are only a few dollars. We get them in Asian supermarkets. My wife is Vietnamese, so she’s going to an Asian supermarket at least twice a week. They can last longer if you clean them once in a while, but in our case, they get really beat up, mostly from things like knives, chopsticks and forks bashing them.

Studio42, you are an encyclopedia of information. i loooove reading your post…if yye forums could do subscriptions to other members channels, id be on your channel all the time. Youre stuff is intelligent and helpful, Studio42.

No sarcasm, im dead serious. Btw, thanks for replying on my modding questions. I really appreciate it.

Agreed. His posts have filled my reading gap ever since I started posting here. Studio42 >Wikipedia

I’ve got plans for a new web server and functions and features. I’m not sure the schedule for that is. I may have to get a small digital mixer first. I do most of my “work” via my own web site and servers. I’m kind of working on a yoyo web site on my .info domain. It’s got toys and video games and other stuff like that on it.

But, as always, I am glad to be of assistance and able to help.

no it’s broken