bearing seat problems...

Ok so i just recently got a boss on friday. when i went to go and take it out the bearing was super tight on the bearing seat and i couldnt get it off for the life of me. wiggled it off very little then it wouldnt go up or down…i eventually had to bust the bearing off of the bearing seat. i put a new bearing on my yoyo and it seemed to fit better only this time my boss is super responsive. a flick only lasted about a sec so here i go to clean and lube it only to find that the same thing has happened.

Is ther a reason behind this? Anything i can do to prevent messing up another bearing? anything will help at this point.

Thanks to all in advance.

Sometimes lubing won’t help. If the bearing is new you probably just need to break it in or you may have damaged the bearing seat.

I had the same problem with mine. I used a pair of pliers with the circular wire crimping cut out and that worked great. the secret it to get a good firm grip and slowly wiggle the bearing off. works like a charm.

Its broken in bearing already…and ya i know how to get bearings out, but it gets stuck like its super tight and i doubt i damaged it as thats how it was out of the box. But thanks for the ideas

Contact YoYoeXpert.

Email Andre here: Contact@YoYoExpert.com

Or go here: http://yoyoexpert.com/contact.html

But i didnt get it from here…so unfortnately its not able to be switched with another one yadda yadda…unless they can help me otherwise.

one way to get the bearing out when it is stuck is to do the “string trick.”

first you take a string (preferably one you don’t like/has a bad knot or something, because you won’t get it back) and wrap it around the axle. to do this, i feel that putting the loop that usually goes around the bearing around the axle and then wind it up like a fixed axle. after there are a couple of layers on the axle, screw the other side in and over tighten it. then you should unscrew the yoyo and the string will hopefully be in between the bearing and the bearing seat. from there, just pull the string until the bearing pops out.

with the not fitting issue, can you tell if it is the inside part of the seat (where the inner part of the bearing touches) or the outside? if it is the outside, then the bearing shouldn’t spin very freely when you throw it. just try taking an old bearing and putting it in the yoyo and then taking it out, rinse and repeat. this should break in the bearing seat and cause whatever side is too tight to grind down a little and hopefully fix the problem.

good luck with your problem and i hope i helped.

1 Like

very detailed…ill try that and hope for the best. and its the inside of the bering thats sticking.

ok sooooo…the sring idea flopped, it cut the string and lodged the rest inside the bearing…luckily i was able to dig the string out. thanks anyways.

does your bearing have shielding? i have’t tried it without shields. it may have been a fluke but if you think not than you don’t have to try it. so as i said, just try to put the bearing in the seat, and then take it out again (however you can) and repeat. eventually it will be fixed. you could also sandpaper it but it doesn’t really work well unless you are using a lathe or something.