Be cautious when dealing with avengedseven77

Ok, so recently I traded my Go Pro for avengedseven77’s supposedly MWB Quake. I received it with 2 pin pricks and a scratch, which were all noticeable damages, and not to mention without the box. Here are a few pictures of the damage.
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3865/14647953765_6777e6de47_z.jpgimage by wcyoyospirit, on Flickr

And the scratch
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3839/14643874531_a80be36422_z.jpgimage by wcyoyospirit, on Flickr

I did contact him about the damage, but he told me the yoyo did not have damage before it was shipped out. In the pics from his BST, there are some specks that may look like dust at first, but they are distanced just like the circled damage in my picture above. He said that if I had seen the pinpricks in the picture, then I must have known that they were there, and because he stated that the yoyo was mint, I gave him the benefit of the doubt.
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3914/14461251400_f129c49f5b_z.jpgimage by wcyoyospirit, on Flickr

I also took a picture at a similar angle to the first pic, and the damage can indeed be seen from the top view.
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5516/14647593132_6a2c1a0495_z.jpgimage by wcyoyospirit, on Flickr

Here is my picture.
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5501/14645760354_e5d9a88b3f_z.jpgimage by wcyoyospirit, on Flickr

What I wanted was $20 as compensation for the damage. This is very justifiable, considering how much a yoyo goes down in resell value just for a bit of damage. He said that the scratch was so small that it could have been a dog hair. and that I was crazy for being able to see pinpricks that are not “noticeable.” He also tries to tell me his post stated the Quake will not come with a box. After checking his post, it indeed did say so, but this was because he edited his post to say so. I have a screen shot of his BST from this morning, which states it is “Mint W/Box.”
https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2924/14646246094_a7a0c7cc2e_z.jpgQuake1 by wcyoyospirit, on Flickr
I will be leaving him negative feedback, which will be removed if he compensates, but so far, he has been unwilling to. Do not deal with avengedseven77.

Yes, he was wrong to do some of the things he did but I also think you’re being too critical about it. Neutral feedback is understandable, I don’t think he deserved negative.

The damage WAS very minor, but noticeable. Still it would not drop it’s value $20. Maybe $10, but not $20.

If I were you I would’ve just shrugged it off, except I probably would’ve pm’ed him about the box but I wouldn’t ask to be reimbursed.

If it was me I would’ve still given him positive feedback, just stating what happened. But the reason he deserves neutral in this case is because you did contact him about it, and he lied about stating it didn’t come with a box.

I definitely don’t think it deserves a negative though, damage is very minor… Just my 2 cents.

I’ve never traded but, maybe it was Mint Without Box? It’s normally Mint In Box, he might have just confused himself ??? Idunno. Just a thought

Well deserved the negative! Good job doing so. Too many people are too lenient and giving a positive only enables this type of dealing and with a negative it will caution a lot more people and possibly save them from a similar headache.

4 Likes

Pretty sure I’ve done a deal with him (how about a searchable trader feedback system, huh???) that went smoothly, but not all deals are perfect.

Smash-Yo already dealt with his nonsense. Coupled with this post, I doubt he’ll get much trading in the future. Well done.

1 Like

If the damage was worse than described, I would have told him to just shrug it off to, but he was told the YoYo was mint in box, but was not. And the damage on this was very noticeable, and it would drop the price $20, possibly more.

2 Likes

unfortunately, it was not mint without box. He said it was mint with box and it arrived covered in bubble wrap, no box, and 2 ding/nicks and a scratch.

Agreed completely.

1 Like

I agree, a negative is justified. That’s pretty messed up. I wonder if he ever thought about the possibility that you could have traded your Go Pro for a nice gift for a loved one. You thought you were getting them a nice shiny mint condition new looking yo-yo in a nice box. But instead, you get a beat throw with a long scratch and two pinpricks, with no box. Two pinpricks and a scratch like that is beat by my standard. I’d want my Go Pro back. $20 wouldn’t do it.

2 Likes

bump

1 Like

Why did you bump this post?

1 Like

the name caught my eye from reading through flagged members previously… the member posted a bst, and hasn’t posted any successful bst activity since… it was a fair warning bump.

8 Likes

Lol I totally forgot about this, I’ve got 25 positive feedback here 100% positive on eBay and one negative because of a box? 6 years ago I might add. And you bring it up like it’s the second coming of the worlds greatest con man, get a life dude

2 Likes

just caught my eye dude… don’t start nothin, cuz i wasn’t… you haven’t made anything on here since, just posts that went nowhere. so, i was just looking out, like the rest of us would…

16 Likes

“don’t start nothin, cuz I wasn’t…” Don’t play dumb dude, you’re intentionally re-airing a 6-year-old issue for nothing. We can’t even see the photo links to make a judgement on the damage. Guy has 25 positive trade/sale feedback, and one negative, which is a negative over a small discrepancy in yoyo condition, which appears to be have been taken care of. You’re not “just looking out”, you’re trying to smear this guy.

3 Likes

Why exactly was this post resurrected? Quite the grudge! Grudges are unhealthy, and will lower your immune system. I’m not totally joking.

2 Likes

he’s not currently selling anything on here

ok, i just sent this to someone else via pm…

i’m trying not to keep bumping this post… i referenced this, again, in the throwers brawl. i have no skin in this game… i wasn’t even on the boards then. i, again, regularly browse the feedback forum… that’s how people do not get hosed by people like chase hadden, who was just trying to scam people again…including me. so, if you think it’s me having a grudge, fine. but, i’m looking out. search for yourself. dude’s posted the same thing once a year for the past 6 years since this… i did the research….

i don’t care, no grudge… i apologize, not trying to hurt feelings. i apologize.

10 Likes

Well, not so easy to go away.

I know avengedseven77. He is a diabolical serial killer. Just because he has been getting away with it all this time; doesn’t change the facts.

Most of the sales and trades he has made; you never hear a thing about them.

Because Dead men tell no tales.

How do I know? Simple. I helped him bury every single one of those clowns.

…why do I sound vindictive?

He still hasn’t giving back my shovel.

:wink:

7 Likes

What Chase did is totally unrelated to this, you’re comparing apples to oranges. Chase withheld dozens of yoyos from people for months at a time, and sent people mangled and beat yoyos that were massively different from the descriptions listed. I’m not sure what you mean by

Are you referring to how Chase listed yoyos on the facebook bst a couple months back? As far as I’m aware, no scamming occurred. Are you referring to his scamming history from back in 2014ish?

Anyways, no matter what Chase has done, it has nothing to do with this guy’s yoyo trade rep. There’s a world of difference between slightly misrepresenting the condition of a yoyo once after having 25 great transactions across a span of several years, and intentionally stealing yoyos from multiple people.

There’s nothing wrong with having reservations about a person’s legitimacy and trustworthiness online, but your research shouldn’t be paranoid. People occasionally have poor judgement or make mistakes. A trend of mistakes would be something worth worrying about, and bumping (or getting someone kicked off clyw), but a single outlier negative experience after a previously spotless track record?

Seems unnecessary to bump it imo

what are you referring to? He’s made like a couple LTB posts in the bst, maybe like 5-10 since 2014? Are people not allowed to buy yoyos on the bst?