Battle Royale! Round of 8!

(Alex Fairhurst) #1

Round 3. Good job to those who made it this far. Voters, you know the drill.

StrippedAxle v. Sanchez202

StrippedAxle:

Sanchez202:

HipposLoveCereal v. HaruRay

HipposLoveCereal:

HaruRay:

Juliang22 v. aznnboyaZ

Juliang22:

aznnboyaZ:

Alex Fairhurst v. Djsplatt44

Alex Fairhurst:

Djsplatt44:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfXRcnjt_CM

(UmeNagisa) #2

Pretty sure i Lost this one.
You got me beat Julian.
Good Job on that video!

These are all really close calls! Great job to everyone. Just wondering, will there be a change of rules when we’re down to the final two?

Yuki

I don’t know man, you have some pretty sweet elements in there. I tried for a more fluid/different tricks. If i make it to the next round i am going to go for speed/ competition oriented stuff.

(UmeNagisa) #5

Same goes to you!
That Jade whip was ingenious.
And, You will.
You have double my votes, and I feel that’s whats gonna happen for the next few days.
Congrats :slight_smile:

(Alex Fairhurst) #6

Final 4 and up get a time limit increase. I will encourage them to get as close to a minute as possible.

Woooo go Josh ;D

Yup. Pretty sure I’m out. ;D

(UmeNagisa) #9

Oh Well, Was fun whiile it lasted!
I Look Forward to seeing the winner!

(2Sick Joey) #10

Alex’s was dope! Keirans wasn’t as clean which takes away from his speed and flow to me. Wasn’t much substance besides speed

<squints and peers at Alex’s yoyo>

Those were some good videos, folks! Good luck to allayall.

I really liked Alex’s tricks and flow. HOWEVER why did you film from the top! I find it so much harder to see what is going on and it really takes away from the tricks imo. That along with no music had me voting for keiran. I really liked both vids though

I have watched all of these probably 4-5 times and I’m still having a hard time voting.

Ur not too far behind him, but that was the same as last round, josh has a way of knowing just how good he has to be to just get byi guess :wink:

Sanchez202

HaruRay

Aznboyaz
I accedently voted for juliang22, but i meant to vote for Aznboyaz

Alex Fairhurst
This was a toughy, but i still decided.

(Alex Fairhurst) #16

the angle is a little wonky. I’ll get more towards the front next time. I like people being able to see what the actual trick is though. and maybe being able to learn it if they so choose.

I think seeing the trick from the front/view of somebody watching makes more sense for something like this, I feel like the end part of your trick lost some of its “oo” factor because of the angle.

it might lose its “oo” factor, but as someone who can’t do any of this stuff, I LOVE it. I can actually see the string hits better, see more of where the yoyo is going, and overall I can process what is going on more. For a battle like this, it might not be the best angle, but for just another video showing off some tricks, I really like it.

PS, Sanchez has been my pick from the start, and I’m sticking with him. Dude is crazy smooth.

I also liked the angle Alex (Fairhurst) chose. I thought to myself, “I wonder if anyone would appreciate the work being done here if it was front-on”.

I supposed there’s always the 3/4 down view to try for next time. :wink:

Yeah, I think it’s pretty safe to say I’m out now. My trick seemed a lot better to myself off camera. :wink: Sanchez brought it, and that was no less than I expected. I still see him making it to the top 2.