Basecamp Edition Legend Wing Fixed Axle!

Available in Cherry Polished, White Rubberized, and Natural!

12 Likes

These look great!

Any chance of you getting more unfinished blank Legend wings in the future?

2 Likes

Yeah, we should have some more coming in soon!

4 Likes

These are great. Already have two Legend Wings though…

1 Like

Not to point out the obvious, but there’s three different finishes available here… Two might not be enough.

6 Likes

lol and the two I have are neither of these. I’m going to use one of them til it breaks. Then I’ll get another. I don’t see YYF ceasing production on them anytime soon.

2 Likes

As fixies go, how good is the Legend Wing? I mean, I know it’s no Spinworthy, but is it really worth picking up?

1 Like

I haven’t played one personally, but I’ve heard from several people into modern responsive that it’s a bit too light

Definitely worth the $10. Pretty light, and cheap enough to not worry about

4 Likes

Beautiful photo you took of these BTW guys!

1 Like

The Legend Wing plays way above its price point. I was very impressed with it, comparing to a 2015 eH and a No Jive. Of course, the Legend Wing doesn’t come apart (well, doesn’t easily go back together without tools and more skill than I have), but, it will handle any fixed axle trick you care to throw at it.

6 Likes

I love the Legend Wing.

6 Likes

It’s a bit of a lucky dip. I have some that weigh about 50g but another that weighs 42g. The 42g one is certainly playable, but feels too light for me.

3 Likes

Thanks Glen.

I probably shouldn’t have answered the question like I did here seeing as I haven’t even tried one so wouldn’t know first hand. I’d feel bad to chase someone away from picking one of these up now because of what I said about hearing from others that it’s a bit light.

2 Likes

It’s a great yoyo, and at $10, who is going to be put off?

5 Likes

Well, if the Legend Wing was a terrible yoyo, that $10 could be better spent elsewhere even though it is only $10. However, since Glen gives it a thumbs up it sounds like a worthy purchase.

1 Like

Really is the best value for money fixed axle yoyo. Like Glen said, it is a bit of a lucky dip. I’ve got a couple that are amazing and they play really well. It is a yoyo that will need breaking in, I find.

2 Likes

Is breaking in necessary because the wood axle needs to get worn down and glossy smooth?

1 Like

Breaking in has got to do with the axle smoothing out, but also the inside walls of it are rougher than a bogan pub, so they require breaking in too.

5 Likes

Does it play better the smoother these surfaces become? Or is there a point where it becomes too smooth and playability diminishes?

2 Likes