Basecamp Edition Legend Wing Fixed Axle!

They all smooth out with play and become more reliable. They are all different. Some more responsive than others, some all of a sudden grab at unwanted times and some throw, return and regen more smoothly than others.

I’m not making it sound good, but really, whatever you get it will certainly play good enough for modern 0A.

They’re CNC machined and cheap so, they probably don’t get the same level of testing and attention to detail as hand made ones.

2 Likes

I see what you did there.

1 Like

I don’t have a rubber coated one yet, I imagine it would be a few grams heavier than the naturals.

1 Like

This isn’t the first time for these. I have a natural one of them from a while back. It’s one of my favorite graphics on these.

I’ve found the natural ones to be amazingly consistent! I’ve played literally tens of them, because I sell and give away ones with my business logo on it.

The Natural one is by far my favorite. It just plays best IMO, and you can do tape measure with it. It feels better in the hand than the lacquered one, though I prefer natural or oiled over lacquered in general.

The Rubberized one feels amazing in the hand, but I never play mine much. It grabs the string if you don’t hit everything perfectly.

If you want a player, get the natural!

I will say they are not very durable, I’ve broken 4 or 5 of them.

3 Likes

I’ve got many Legend Wings. My latest is the rubberized basecamp one I picked up at WYYC and I believe it’s my favorite for stalls. If you yoyo then you need a Legend Wing.

4 Likes

Legend Wing is $10 well spent.

3 Likes

Yes

Also my favourite.

I’m glad someone else has found this too. I don’t like playing my winter edition all that much because of the rubber coating. I actually really dislike the feeling of it in my hand and the nasty chemical smell it has. The rubber coating messes with clean regens in my opinion.

1 Like

What kind of string is most recommended for the Legend Wing?

2 Likes

100% Cotton - Type 10 is what I would recommend. We have 5/25/100 packs available.

4 Likes

Type 8 works well too.:

I suggest you also get some the color blend. It’s a little different, and a good option to have.

1 Like

I’ve been using type 10 cotton, for whatever that is worth. Seems fine.

3 Likes

So YYE cotton string is type 8 by default, and type 10 only when explicitly mentioned as such? If so that would imply that the colored blends are type 8; is that right?

Correct. However the died strings do have a little bit of a different feel, I’m guessing that’s why @Myk_Myk recommended picking them up as well.

2 Likes

Does the glossy coating on the “polished” Legend Wings affect play in any way? Is there any play/performance reason to avoid them and stick to the unfinished natural ones instead? Or is it strictly a personal preference kind of thing?

1 Like

I like the blue long cuts by One Drop for my fixies. They are indestructible and give a very consistent response. YYE cotton will be better for 1a on a fixie though, but I’m more into the stall style tricks.

2 Likes

Thanks to you and a couple of other awesome peeps around these forums I’ve been super lucky to have tried some top of the line strings…OD’s Long Cuts are among my favorites. I’ve yet to wear one out! (I use them for 1A).

2 Likes

I tried them on a whim recently and I think they’re my new favorite string. They’re just so all around good.

2 Likes

These look very nice indeed!

1 Like