Yoyofactory Legend wing question?

So I’m curious to buy another legend wing yo-yo here on YYE cause now I’m hooked onto fixed axle play !!! And I was looking at the white rubber colorway and was curious if it actually has a rubbery texture to it ?? If so I will definitely try one out but I wanted to ask if any of y’all have this colorway and how does it play like ??

4 Likes

I got the white rubber and it does have a matte rubber-like finish. I really enjoy the in hand feel, it’s my partners favourite throw I have because of it.

I don’t think it plays any different than the other L. wings. The response felt better at first but I think that difference may have been more psychological plus the cotton type 10 strings I got with it. Couldn’t compare it well to my old cherry finish one as I broke it in half :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

Its like the sticky paint on a Kendama Tama Ball. I like it, maybe not the best for Tape Measures perhaps, but a cheat code for back of the hand stall tricks.

7 Likes

Thanks everybody for your answers I really appreciate it I might end up picking one up to build up my 0a collection :grin: and btw does the engraving on it show a cabin or like a base camp logo ??

2 Likes

Don’t go near the white rubber one. It feels awful in the hand and the rubber coating interferes with play.

1 Like

It does! I BELIEVE it’s Basecamp.

This thing is fantastic by the way. Highly recommend getting one. The engraving also chars the coating a bit, giving it a roasted marshmallow appearance. Love it

7 Likes

Here’s mine. It’s great! I’m a fan of the rubber.

6 Likes

What does the response area look like?

2 Likes

It’s unfinished. Just roughed up wood like all Legend Wings.

3 Likes

Do any of you guys throw sidewinders or UFOs, or any trick where the string potentially comes in contact with the rim? Because the rubber coating really interferes with these tricks.

1 Like

@Yoyogeek15 buy yourself a rubber coating Legend Wing if you really want one, but I recommend picking up a natural one at the same time.

4 Likes

because these like all legend and legend wing are made of 1 single piece of wood cut into a yoyo shape the string gap cut is not as smooth as the outside. This area will wear in, or back in the day (1940s) players would hand sand this gap a little. I would think this area would grip the string WAY more than the painted finish. I don’t find anything prohibitive or productive about the finish. It just looks and feels different. I like it!

8 Likes