Banana Turnover help

I’ve been trying to learn banana turnove via rethinkyoyo’s tutorial and I can do it straight from a breakaway but I can’t seem to get it horizontally. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks
-Evan

Well, just like trapeze try to keep your finger close to the yoyo. If you find that your generally missing the string because the yoyo is flying under it, try pulling a little harder with your index (after you’ve swung the yoyo around your thumb). This should give the yoyo a little more altitude.

1 Like

Thank you, I will definitely try this! Also, i know that most tricks can be done with any modern yoyo but I also know that some are better than others for horizontal tricks. I’m using my Protostar right now. Would you recommend it for hor. tricks?

The proto should work fine for horizontal tricks. Generally, more stable yoyo makes horizontal easier. The trinity for example would work quite well. But the protostar should still be more than capable.

try not to go directly into hardcore horizontal.

What worked for me is I learned the trick the normal way (from a breakaway) then i threw the yoyo on a slight angle, once I could do that I threw it on even more of an angle. Now i can do the trick horiztonally. The bind is the hard part though and that’ll take some practice.

1 Like

The Protostar is perfect for horizontal play. You want low walls (Protostar, Superstar, YYR…) heavy rim weight. Honestly even organic shapes work well but the preceding will help you learn easier.

Visit rethinkyoyo.com.