Back from break, what's new?

CLYW collaborated with Onedrop to make The Summit. CLYW posted a picture of CLYW Kendamas. The last of the Catalysts are selling.

One day? They still are, and if the OP is looking for a new yoyo he’d be crazy not to buy one. And OK, let’s go with $145 then, still seems like a good deal compared to some of the hypebeast yoyos people pay more for around here. How could made in Japan be a bad thing? I think you’d be hard pressed to find many countries with the manufacturing standards and quality control as the Japanese. Last i checked they knew a thing or two about yoyos and probably have the biggest yoyo community in the world, but yeah who’d want to buy those.

Meanwhile people get giddy with delight at the prospect of paying $165 for a 6061 yoyo just because Jensen posted a picture of a dog on Instagram or something. Not sure where i can get a 7075 yoyo for <$100? Not an alloy snob, but it is a fact 7075 is decently more expensive, so at least there’s a reason for the expense, unlike some companies imo. Heck, Shinya’s new 7075 C3 signature yoyo the Krown is 16,900Y, which is over $170 at the moment, and will probably sell for $160 in the US.

The yoyoexpert description says it’s the last run of catalysts however yoyofactory has denied such information.

1 Like

Hypebeast, lol thought that was only a fashion term. Anyways, I loved my dreadnought and would definitely be interested I’m purchasing yyr yoyos for such low prices, where is the question.

On a side note, I’m terribly saddened by the fall of yoyonation, it was after all, where I got my first modern yoyo. Hope they can return someday…

What’s new?
Hiroyuki Suzuki left YYJ to set up his own store and create his sOMEThING line of yoyos.
Looking for something that’ll probably blow you away and money is no issue? ANGLAM.

Ahh thank you for the correction.

I think we’ve forgotten that the werrd hour is 7075

No, it has been reconfirmed. The person running Ask.fm account got it wrong, but I have been assured it is the last run, as advertised.

I don’t think that Jensen really has anything to do with people getting giddy over buying a clyw throw. They play phenomenally well. It’s not just hype.
And the alloy used really isn’t as big of a deal as everyone seems to make of it. Companies use 7075 because it’s stronger than 6061, but for yoyos, that extra strength 9/10 times isn’t needed. 7075 is more expensive, harder to machine, and more prone to corrosion than 6061 is. So unless there’s actually a purpose to having a stronger alloy, 6061 is the better choice. I’m aware that a harder material can allow for different weight distribution, but bashing a throw because it uses 6061 over 7075 is just silly. And for your second part, the werrd hour is 7075 and will only run you 60 bucks.

Werrd! Totally forgot about them. Thanks guy, those crazy Australians, not sure how they do it. And yeah like i said, i know some people on these forums go crazy about alloy(cough yoyogeezer), but personally i couldn’t care less as long as the design is nice it doesn’t matter, my point was more that if i’m going to pay a lot for a yoyo i’d rather it be expensive partially because of material costs, rather than expensive just because it can be.

As I stated numerous times before, I do like yoyofactory products now. But I am in no way repping them nor sponsored by them.

Haha, you say it like its shameful to like YYF/be sponsored or endorsed by them or something. I think it’s awesome. YYF is pretty goof mang

I think he’s just trying to stop rumors before they spread.

OH OH! I bought a few other throws that aren’t YYJ :slight_smile:

would you like to share the names of these non yyj throws.

1 Like

A PSG :slight_smile: also trying to get a Nickle Plated Silly Goose ($40!?)