Whats new?

I took a break from throwing for 5 months, and now i’m getting back into the grind! Has anything significant happened in the past 5 months? Any spicy new releases ? Any big community news ?

4 Likes

5A patent is no more, so be ready for lots of new counterweight push and innovation! 5A is kind of the big trend right now because 5A May, and the expired patent and non-Duncan yoyos now selling with weights.

4 Likes

lol same I haven’t been very active in quite a while. I checked the 5ayoyo website earlier and was really confused when it wasn’t just a countdown lol. As for news, there aren’t a lot of yoyo developments, given the whole corona deal, but I’m sure people are being more active in terms of trick development, so it might be worth taking a look in those threads

Since you’ve been gone there has been a couple of smaller but good individual releases.

Mike Monty did the Memento release. @anon17117379.
Initial drop of 30 sold out, 70 more incoming once he receives delivery of more zipline strings to ship with.

Jake Bullock did the Dunk.
Initial drop sold out, second drop is currently on his site.

Josh Lee did the Plur, @JeiCheetah.
Haven’t tried yet but looks like it slaps.

ThrowSpiral did the Kappa.
Checkout that engraving.

That’s kind of all I can think of off the top of my head.

5 Likes

@MoonageMin thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sharing is caring :slight_smile:

Shame it’s sold out, but second drop incoming v.soon right?

1 Like

Once I’ve got the next batch of string I’ll put the next batch of Memento’s up :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks for the mention! Still so happy the pre-release went so well :3

2 Likes

where can i buy the yoyos???

1 Like

Google’s your friend :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re welcome Josh, congrats on a successful drop!

1 Like