AyeShawn yoyoing hate?

Dude, are you The Badger?! :o

More like The Coon. :slight_smile:

That only works when you are an adult.

Adults do not generally resort to physical bullying unless they are named Soprano. We bully by using far more subtle and sophisticated methods.

Adult bullying is generally referred to as ‘politics’.

1 Like

Why is this in the General YoYo board lol

I use “used to” very lightly. It’s summer now, and I have to go to summer school 7 hours a day and yoyo at home, where I tease my parents because they don’t yoyo.

I love how Icthus changed the words up. :] Though I can still guess what the original words were.

I never had my share of ‘bullying’ when it comes to yoyos. When I started yoyoing my senior year of high school everyone was amazed and it didn’t matter if it was the stereotypical football jock, band member, the AP students, or even your everyday ‘flunkie’ [using those terms loosely]…everyone was amazed.

They affectionally called me the ‘yoyo guy’ and they gave me props all the way.

I think that if you presented it really well, even the most ignorant will appreciate it.

1 Like

Oh, my… :smiley:

It’s a vicious cycle–the bullied becomes the bully.

Okay, next time he chooses not to resist I hope he’s as lucky as last time and doesn’t get put in the hospital/left bleeding on the street.

You’re right, he just implied that those sports are a waste of time compared to yoyoing and then accused the people who play those sports of being stupid, not bullies. I’d love for Studio himself to reply back here to back up his silliness and hypocrisy.

Crap people are crap people, no matter what their hobbies are. Just stand up for yourself. Or get walked on forever, whichever.

Mikers, cut the violent talk, It has no place on this forum as we are trying to keep it clean and violence free for the sake of younger ones.

I won’t judge you for what actions you take, but you need to look at what sort of example you are setting for the younger ones.

Just keep that in mind, and we’ll try to clean this thread up a bit.

Thanks.
J

1 Like

Please show me where. I see comments about bullies being stupid, not football or baseball players:

:open_mouth: I knew that was coming

I don’t think it’s really racist or even unappropriately stereotypical to say that competitive and high level yoyoing seems to be most popular in Asia. It is a pretty Asian thing, just like hamburgers are a pretty American thing. That in itself is not an insult, imo.

The problem in the OP’s scenario seems to be that these people were just trying to be offensive at the outset. Racism or no, they’d have been jerks. The Asian part is almost a non-issue by comparison.

Yeah, back when school was still going we had a group of four friends, and 3 of us were Asian, and the other guy was white. Lots of people acknowledged that and it Made me kinda angry. They would say things like ‘Look at those true Asians’ Or ‘Dude you’re so Asian’. Personally, I didn’t mind, but it kept happening. I guess its just how society and stereotyping go hand-in-hand.

Its not so offensive I think within the community, but outside of the community probably most people have no clue that mostly Asians dominate competitive yoyoing

I see. You sound like a thinking kind of guy. I recommend you give this next advice some thought. Even adults have to make decisions about what offensive comments we will address, and which ones we ignore. Just part of life unfortunately. I believe that you have showed some maturity with the ability to ignore, but if the bullying is affecting your school work, your focus at school, or you are afraid to be at school, it needs to be addressed in my opinion. I think that if you decide to take it to the school administration, you should involve your parents in that meeting.

Now, I’ll delve a bit deeper. Some kids do not want to alert administration because they do not want to get someone in trouble, they do not want to look like a snitch, or they fear administration will not take it serious if it is not physical…so they put up with it and “ignore.”. My opinion is that you do not get people in trouble anyway, they get themselves in trouble, so you have to advise the school if this affects your learning experience, and the administration will take any incident involving race seriously, especially if you involve an adult family member. The administration will not necessarily punish someone for this at the outset anyway, they will sit them down, explain why the behavior is inappropriate and “warn” them. It is their problem if they persist and end up with discipline progressing into detention, suspension, expulsion…whatever. The bully will choose to correct the behavior or take the punishment. The purpose of letting the school know is to get the progressive discipline process going. You want them to at least be “warned.” I know that the primary objective is not to punish someone, but get them to stop the bullying. Some people can be talked to, and they will stop the behavior, others need some form of discipline to get the message.

What is deep about all this is that even if someone stops bullying, their opinions don’t necessarily change. Just because the kid stops telling you that yo-yoing is Asian, does not mean his opinion has changed about it. It just means he stopped saying it to you. The only thing to change that is knowledge and dialogue. I think everyone on the forum has best intentions at heart, but if you are comfortable discussing this with your parents, an adult sibling or other family member, it will not only get you good advice, but it helps sometimes to just “vent” to someone at the end of a school day. I hope the new school year will be different.

2 Likes

Sorry about that. I just overreacted a Tad bit. But I personally know that a lot of bullies dont go away just because you ignore them. It usually makes it worse. And schools could care less as a whole. So if there is no more bullying, then that’s good. But if they hassle you again…and if you live in a state somewhat close to Texas …ill beat em down for you …I can’t can’t stand bigots or any form of prejudice. So let me at em, let me at em. Hope it gets better for you though, I really do. Life sucks for us outcasts, u know.

When I was young Asain parents were know for not letting there kids watch tv making them do homework and making sure there kids got a good education.

So next time they say “That is so Asain” don’t take it as an insult tell them "yeah, between yo-ing, learning Japaneese and Mandarin, building a Toyata Supra Drift car, and your summer job designing video games for Sony you hardly have time to study for your black belt test. lol Childhood is very short compared to the rest of your life, do what you want now don’t let them bother you. Hit em with something if you have to- I like nun-chucks Just watching someone practice with them would take the bullying out of most.

Wait…Summer School? You sure your Asain?.. We only had class skippin , low grade non studying white boys in summer school back in my day. lol

Haters gonna hate. Can’t do much about it. As I went through some rough times in school a few years back as, I expected myself to have some good advice for this kind of thing. I don’t though, I just stuck with my issues until I got into secondary school and got into completely new ciruits.

totalartist for ForumeXpert!

You’re so sweet, but honestly, I’d better stick to making yo-yo holders lol. Thank you. :wink: