AyeShawn yoyoing hate?

How about me? :wink:

Jk, I’m not that helpful. :stuck_out_tongue:

I have got made fun of because of my Religion.

I was wearing a religious item once and one kid said, “Is that a religious item?” In a really mean voice.

So yeah,

I don’t like it, tell someone in authority.

this thread should be locked.

The thing about getting teased because you like yoyoing is a very easy situation to get into. Yoyoing at the level anyone on YYE is on is something most people have never seen before. Because of that, people’s reaction are in the far ends of the scale.

Violence is a terrible solution. Results of fights with a bully:

• You lose, bully will stick to going at you
  • You win, bully will find another target

Bullies usually have low confidence because they don’t have friends (they might get other friends that are in the same situation, in that case you have a “mob”) and/or they aren’t doing well in school. “Winning” a fight vs. a bully will only dig him deeper down the hole he’s in. Try pulling him out. Beating up a bully will make him think that his ways are right, but that he needs to get better at it.

So, I’ve kept track of this thread and certain people kinda lost track of what the point was.

In life there are gonna be those people that will try to keep you down just to make sure you don’t succeed. Those jerks that are bullying you just have nothing else better to do. Humans belittle others in order to make themselves feel superior to others. That means that they acknowledge you as the better person. The moment you let that get to you is the moment you lose.

High school is a weird time for teenagers and being teased for yo-yoing is no exception. You also have to remember the number of people that enjoy your hobby because 95% of the time, that number outnumbers the negative bullies.

However, there is truth in stereotypes as the origin of stereotypes come from facts. Yo-yoing is indeed an Asian dominated skill but they have no right to insult you for that. Other activities are completely “American” such as grilling on the barbecue, football, and baseball. Yet why is it that we can’t bonk on that? It’s appalling to see that it’s okay to insult one person’s cultural pride yet once you stereotype American culture in a similar way the bullies are doing it to you, it’s considered hearsay, or terrorism.

In my school, me and two other friends are yo-yoers. We yo-yo and people always say how Asian we are (we are Asian). We decided to just take advantage of that and bring up jokes about our cultures that are playful. Just embrace your Asian pride and don’t let them get to you.

Remember the saying: “When you think you’re good at something, somewhere there’s an Asian that does it better”

Im Asian and I know it =3

I don’t mind people call me Asian. Because it’s true.

You gotta play dirty back though, if someone is picking on you, but not to the level where Zeus comes out of no where and give you a spanking.

Unfortunately, when you’re talking something as petty and benign as “yoyo’ing is so Asian”, it is going to make you look like a snitch if you tell the school. I don’t see anything positive coming from it.

Sometimes it is best to learn to stand up for yourself, even though that’s not popular advice for kids anymore. This sounds like one of those times.