Atmos Projects presents: Butterball

signed. very excited about this. perhaps the newsletter may be the best way to receive information? thanks for all of your notes and thoughts throughout your journey.

4 Likes

Welcome to the Forums. Tell us about yourself in the Introduce Yourself thread. Ask questions, tell us what tricks you’re working on. I looked at your profile and it reminded me of myself in 2015. Duncan Butterfly was one of my first yoyos as well.

thank you alex! : ) i’m glad you appreciated the writing. at times i’ve wondered if i’m being too long winded haha. i’ve not considered newsletters just yet, but i will if there is enough interest after the first drop happens!

it does seems like a good, unified way of putting information out there. although i do enjoy the individual conversations that come out of posting here, on /throwers, and on the gram… : ) i’ll give it a think!

7 Likes

Brandon’s thoughts on the Cloudberry : ) A pretty different perspective on playfeel than Nate’s! Check it out.

9 Likes

Just an observation, the area and step immediately outside the response looks a bit sharp.

Do you see that leading to string cutting? Maybe a tiny bit of rounding would lessen that?

My thoughts on it are very similar to Brandon’s.

I was expecting light and ‘floaty’, but it feels more hefty and competition geared.

2 Likes

Did any reviewers get the teal version? Curious because the teal is the heavier of the two.

2 Likes

Thanks for this Glen! : )

I’ve been thinking a lot about this the past coupla days after conversations with Brandon and Glen – and it’s been interesting parsing through the feedback in fully understanding where the Cloudberry is situated in the landscape of organics. The idea behind the Cloudberry was always that it would fulfil the enjoyable and comfortable playfeel of classic organics whilst having enough juice for modern play.

For Glen (who played the teal version), I’m not surprised at all about feedback on it being more solid and competitively suited playfeel, since it’s got some extra weight distributed over the rim area. I personally think it has significantly more power and presence than the clear version, and that it stands more clearly on the side of performance – whereas most of the feedback I got on the clear version (from Isaac Sams, Coffin, Nate, etc) was that it generally was located in the lighter, floatier category, with a nice subtle touch of juice, so it was definitely a fresh perspective when Brandon mentioned he felt it had competitive chops. As always, of course a degree of subjectivity applies : ) but what was intriguing to me is that the same throw registers clearly on multiple points across the spectrum after being tested by very obviously experienced, skilled and knowledgeable players.

@jifarra to your question – yes! There is a review lined up for the teal version, which should be coming soon. Will post here when it is up : )

2 Likes

The teal Cloudberry is a genuinely good yoyo. It’s certainly not a simple yoyo. It has that great organic comfort, but has the resistance to begin spinning that a bimetal has, which means it maintains spin really well. It moves very quickly and maintains its momentum. It actually reminds me somewhat of the YYF Neo Genesis, except more comfortable and lively (and probably even more powerful) and does have some of that unquantifiable ‘float’ quality.

It’s an excellent first yoyo for a company. That’s not to say that its design or play qualities are reflective of a rookie effort. It would be an excellent 108th yoyo from any company.

9 Likes

With mine, there has been absolutely no string cutting issues and no evidence of premature fraying around the area.

3 Likes

Im not gonna lie I was lowkey bummed out when brandon said it wasn’t as fun and floaty as he had expected😬.

2 Likes

Don’t be bummed. It’s really worth it and does have some float.

3 Likes

I think that was the heavier one. The lighter one is the one going into production (I believe)

1 Like

Naah the teal ones are the heavier ones. Brandon got the clear one.

1 Like

Yeah it looks so good Im excited for what colours are in the production run!:sweat_smile:

so… this turned up today.

details to follow : )

9 Likes

Thank you for your patience everyone. We’re really excited to finally share this.

Presenting – our FruitBowl line : )

close ups and more information coming real, real soon.

19 Likes

Love those colors

3 Likes

i’m imagining trick or treating and when i knock on the door i’m greeted by this. I’d probably pick the navy blue

4 Likes

Love that orangey color.

2 Likes