At Design Zero

This thread seems familiar…

Finish build-up can absolutely play a vital role in tolerance…

2 Likes

Thats exactly what I plan to say to them next time we talk. If they vibe, its on me, not them.

I’m terested to hear what tolerances you went for. I plan on asking for the post to be 6.345mm.

2 Likes

Mine was 6.36 based on what I sent them. I was going for something that didn’t fall out when unscrewing, but had a finger tip tight tolerance, so it doesn’t need a tool to remove - I used a One Drop Rev 1 as a reference point for the bearing post size.

1 Like

Well that is surprising. That is actually larger than the inner diameter of a C bearing.

2 Likes

I wanted it to be snug, not “loose” to where it falls off when you open the yoyo. I consider this “Finger Tip Tight” rather than the normal press fit, death grip.

I tried to take into consideration differences in the bearing tolerances as well as the blast applied to the yoyo. If I’m being 100% honest, it was a complete shot in the dark that worked out for what I wanted.

edit:

You can hear the bearing “click” into place when I put it back in. It’s very firmly in there, but it’s also easy to remove with my fingers.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.