Unprld abduction and recognition slight vibe out of box

So I just opened my gunmetal recognition from yye today and out of the box I strung it up and did a finger grind for my very first trick on it. I noticed it does have a slight vibe that can’t be felt in the string, but I can feel it while grinding.

I also had the same exact experience with my unprld abduction. Both play amazing, but there is a slight vibe that is a tad bit annoying during grinds or finger spins.

Being budget throws from unprld I would understand if this is just standard for their cheaper yo-yos. But has anyone else experienced this with unprld? Specifically the recog and the abduction? Does anyone have a dead smooth one? Thank you for your time.

That happened to me with the new recognition got the orange rimmed one. I swapped the barring out for a OD barring. Vibe completely gone, so we might have got a batch with bad barrings.

3 Likes

I ordered a gunmetal recog from YYE last week. Should arrive tomorrow. I’ll let you know if I have the same experience.

1 Like

Give us a call, email, or just send me a PM if you’d like. As long as it’s not damaged we can get you a refund or try to find a smoother one to swap it out with.

We don’t have any gunmetal Recogs left, but theres a few silver/gold I can go through and test.

4 Likes

These posts are so irritating. Just play it man. It’s not that serious. YYE shouldn’t have to refund your purchase because it’s not glass smooth.

2 Likes

Bad barrings slip through the cracks all the time. I don’t think anyone is to blame for that (especially YYE). YYE is always extremely accommodating with those types of issues. A new recognition with vibe is odd because it’s known for being dead smooth (more so than any other yoyo in its price range).

2 Likes

Wider yo-yos are always a little more prone to vibe, and some people are pickier than others when it comes to vibe. Nothing wrong with that, and we’re happy to help anyone out who isn’t satisfied with their purchase.

7 Likes

Not a bad bearing or defective anything. A bad bearing is one that has stopped spinning. Most throws have minimal vibe.

I’ve spent some time with my recog and tbh, just like my abduction, and my Bread and Butter co. Flying Dutchman, the vibe really does not affect play. It’s only grinds, but the recog and Flying Dutchman both are rim weighted enough to where the grinds still last long.

I’ve said that to say that I’m not asking for a swap out or a refund. This post was purely to ask around and see what the general consensus was on this topic. I understand that vibe does not matter to some people. I’m am not one of them, but I am willing to look past it if the play justifies the vibe. So while I understand my post is “irritating” to some. I do not appreciate the negative comments on my post. Please grow up.

3 Likes

I am absolutely satisfied with my purchase. I apologize for the seemingly complaining nature of my post. Thank for you for offering to swap it out or refund, but I actually love my recog regardless of the slight vibe. Greatly appreciated.

4 Likes

Tbh it may have something to do with these pixel bearings… but I’m not really sure because some of mine are dead smooth. The one that came in my metal yeti was dead smooth, but both the ones I got from unprld have vibe. You can feel it even when you flick the bearing when the yoyo is unscrewed. Maybe the bearing, or possibly a slight machining flaw in the bearing seat.

No need to apologize, perfectly normal concern. Glad you’re happy with the yo-yo!

2 Likes

Another anecdote for this, I got the raw recog and it came smooth but then after a bit of play feels like two of the balls in the bearing locked up so while still mostly playable (the two stuck balls do slow down the bearing noticeably), the bearing feels “crunchy”. But, this is what spare parts are for! Will have to give it a clean and lube to see if it improves

2 Likes

Exact same thing happened here

1 Like

I appreciate the post, Bjorn. It ultimately helps others like myself that are new to the hobby to narrow down their selection of throws as the number of choices out there is intimidating. Keep asking the questions.

Cheers

2 Likes

I’m sorry to hear this! I definitely recommend swapping the bearing on your yoyo, I do this with pretty much all of my ReCognitions honestly and it improves the play a lot. I’ll chat with the boss about this as well and see if we can improve this going forward. Thanks for the support.

10 Likes

Yeah I swapped to a center track bearing and the vibe is pretty much nonexistent and now I’m in love with my recog. It’s such a good throw, cheers brother! And thanks for your input, it’s kinda surreal to hear from a player of your tier.

5 Likes

Just following up on this. Just got my recog today and I really enjoy it. Not experiencing any horrendous vibe. Playing light and floaty just as I was hoping. But just out of curiosity, what kind of bearings have you swapped to?

I just threw a center track in mine and now it’s super smooth. 8/10 before, the pixel bearing vibrated quite a bit just flicking it on the bearing seat. This caused some decent vibe during grinds, fingerspins, and the fingernail test. But swapping bearings fixed all of it!

1 Like

I usually switch to Sochi concave bearings.

2 Likes