Arrow elite unresponsive responsive problem

I am new to yoyoing and Got an Arrow elite yoyo from yoyofactory it is plastic and i switched it to be unresponsive but still when i tug at it it just comes flying back in my head so it is unresponsive responsive kinda thing idk what to do i have cleares the bearing but i still aint be just unresponsive it is super annoying when i am trying advanced stuff like the dna it just cathes on my finger and hurts alot any ideas for fixes?

1 Like

So, what might be happening is that maybe, the unresponsive bearing isn’t seated correctly, so you have to make sure there’s no small gap between the response system and the bearing.

OR

there might be lube in the bearing itself and you may just need to either A. clean it using 99% iso alcohol, lighter fluid, or acetone, or B. just play with it.

I always say go B first because it’s less of a hazard. it’ll just take a couple of hours of throwing sleepers till the oil breaks in if it turns out that this is the problem.

Make sure you are using a thinner string. We have an arrow elite as well and it’s a great throw for starting out imo. Because this is made for responsive to start it has thicker response pads than what would come on a strictly unresponsive throw. Thinner string should help you out as long as you have the wider bearing installed correctly. You could always switch out the pads if you didn’t intend to make it responsive again but that is a lot of work for a $15 throw lol. Hope the thin string works for you.

2 Likes

Ima try playing with it