Are you feeling.......

Currently the only yoyos I throw are both Crucials. Cupcake and AYCE. I don’t feel all that biased, because I really want to try a CLYW, but in the meantime Crucial is probably my favorite company.

Your the only person that can say that and I won’t go ballistic. If someone else says that, I still won’t care but I won’t respect their opinion as much.

I have been experiencing some brand ‘loyalty’, if you like, of late. Which is a new thing for me. When I first started throwing metals, I decided that I wasn’t going to be limited in which companies I tried out, and I was going to try and pick up at the very least one throw from as many companies as possible. Wherever available I made this the ‘flagship’ model. However, in doing so I made informed decisions about which brands I would buy more of. Therefore I have whittled down my initially very diverse collection into throws from those companies I felt I would like to own more of, and I went out of my way to acquire them. Having thrown yoyos by certain companies, I now look upon them less favorably. This is not to say I won’t try more of their throws, but they won’t be top of my purchase list. I don’t think this is so terrible. I definitely won’t limit myself to one company, but there are those whose throws I will buy immediately (if possible) when they’re released. Others not so much. I think the potential upside to this form of brand loyalty is that it is saving my wallet. This is a joke. You may laugh.

The hard thing about this of course is that in doing so you may miss out on a spectacular throw made by a company whose other yoyos you didn’t like too much. But to go with the last part of the paragraph above, one really has to do this to some degree because few people can afford to purchase all yoyos. I think making this kind of informed decision is the only way to go. The addendum to this argument is to read as many reviews as possible. If a lot of people love a yoyo, people who’s opnions you respect, then there is a chance you will too. Regardless of the brand. I’d also think the UNDERrated yoyo thread would be a good place to start. This is why the BST is an important part of this forum. It gives us all the opportunity to try out new things, which we may well not buy new, or be able to buy new. Trade it up people.