Are there more Doors or Windows in the World?

This is the ultimate debate.

Are there more doors or windows in the world?

Which and why?

Chose a side!

3…2…1… go!

4 Likes

Personally I feel there are more doors.

A few reasons -

1. Kitchens have alot of cupboards with alot of doors.

2. Every car has four wheels, but all have at least two doors as well.

2 Likes

(This user has been censored by forum moderators)

1 Like

Windows… unless the def of door is very broad.

1 Like

2 Likes

This thread = :astonished:

1 Like

A window is a door. Case closed.

4 Likes

So is the sliding metal cover on a computer considered a door too? Anyway, I’m sticking with windows. Cars and homes, buildings, seems clear.

2 Likes

Window, here’s why. Glasses, cars, most doors have a window,

The Doors are where it’s at!!

8 Likes

Oh also, what about screen doors you can see through? :thinking: OR what about glass doors :thinking::thinking:
ALSO some people say a mirror is window to your soul, :thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:

1 Like

Threads like this cause me to wonder why people don’t yoyo more and ponder less. In fact what am I doing in this thread? Where’s the door? I have a window of time to yoyo. NO…see what you have done?! :crazy_face:

6 Likes

When I first saw the title I thought it was a philosophical question, apparently not haha.

2 Likes

Well, of course it is.

2 Likes

Widows

Because more people watch others as if looking at life through windows. While fewer people willing to go open the doors and walk through to the whatever is in the other side.

Is this what you are after.

To the actual physical question of more doors or windows is also windows.

We are a world of voyeurs are we not.

1 Like

Not sure about the Windows? Never heard of them.

But when I was a younger guy, I used to listen to the Doors all the time.

There were 4 of them😳

6 Likes

That’s an interesting one. If we can agree that we exist in a world where these are entirely disparate categories and agree on a system to resolve ambiguity then I feel like, in the modern world, there are more doors than windows. Even when there is ambiguity and we are being generous in our consideration for either category, we have more doors.

There is a large amount of things that would count as window, don’t get it twisted, I’ve been in the downtown of major cities in the world, there’s a lot of glass in the modern world as well and again I’m being liberal in my definition for both. Still think we’d end up counting more doors, I wish there were more windows so could be swayed. This seems unlikely.

2 Likes

1 Like

Could there be a way out if we look ito the natural world or go glassless? A break in the dense canopy allowing for a window into the sky? Gives me hope for windows but then I think doors will also gain territory. I can see and would make the argument for many natural doors :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

My son asked me this the other day. I don’t know where it came from, but I can now safely assume it originated on the interwebz.

Windows. The sheer number of sky scrapers, homes, commercial buildings, etc…I think windows significantly outnumber doors.

One could rebut, “but there are hundreds…if not thousands of doors in that building too.”

I would then add “there are windows on computers, too.” ::mind blown::

I think windows man. Windows. Periodt.

3 Likes