Arctic Circle

also, have you seen the prices on Turning points, YYR, and many othes? higher than CLYW, and you don’t rant about them. YYF makes some 120+ dollar yoyo’s and you wouldn’t dream of calling them overpriced.

Hmmm, so I guess EVERY YYF Ever besides 1 has been over 120$ huh? And I guess CLYW comes from Japan too? And the average cost of a YYF isn’t like 80$ is it? Exactly.

1 Like

I didn’t say ever, i said some, like 4 or 5. when did i say Caribou comes from Japan, oh ya, i didn’t. Just because YYR and those companies are from Japan shouldn’t justify the price. It should actually be cheaper because the cost of production in Asia is MUCHHH cheaper. CLYW throws are quality products. Every CLYW throw isn’t as good as the supernova except one? Maybe in your opinion. I regret buying the john bot supernova that gathers dust in my case while i play, and love, my Campfire, much more. a 70ish dollar caribou throw. Supernova’s just didn’t agree with me. Caribou’s do, they complement my play style, and i love their INCREDIBLE colorways. If you don’t like a company, you don’t have to rant about them, you can just keep your thoughts about them to yourself, and NOT buy from them like a respectable dude. I do the same thing with a lot of company’s, just cause i don’t like them, doesn’t mean i have to let EVERYONE know about it. I’m excited about the Arctic circle.

1 Like

I’m sure the AC will be awesome like every other CLYW. Sure, maybe the price point is a bit high but who cares? People are still buying them. And as long as people are buying them Chris will keep putting out awesome yoyos. Which I’m totally fine with.

My biggest complaint is now that there’s a new CLYW out my chief will be all but worthless on the BST. Which isn’t really a complaint because now maybe used Chiefs will sell for less than full retail. Wasn’t planning on getting rid of it anyways. Good luck getting an AC, though.

I’ll try it before I bash it. But I’m not going to give into the hype and buy it without at least trying it. Maybe second run.

Let’s all keep calm and play yoyo… ;D

1 Like

I think the Chief is one of those yoyos that is going to be headed in the direction of “leader of innovation” in my opinion. Someone will correct me if I am wring here, and I may very well be, but this “yoyo within a yoyo” concept seems rather logical, yet revolutionary. It puts that center weight needed and pushes it to the outside.

I don’t think a new CLYW will make the Chief worthless. I think if people played a Chief, they’d have problems giving it back.

Right now, I’m going to be cautious and bank my luck towards getting 1 or 2 AC’s as soon as they drop. Something about a first run is very appealing.

I honestly do hope people avoid the hype that may be leading up to this. Just makes it easier for me to get one or two.

Exactly.

Arctic Circle is a signature yoyo supporting Zach who is a talented player and nice guy and it doesn’t cost MORE?

Yay for brands who support players who push yoyo!

i think its pricey but they put out quality stuff, even though i am probably not going to buy another yoyo for a while …i still want an Arctic Circle, I just hope it doesn’t play like the canvas. Maybe someone i kno will buy one and let me try it :stuck_out_tongue:

I am not a big fan of the older CLYW but everything they have been pushing out recently is freaking RIDICULOUS … except for the canvas it just doesnt suit me (my opinion)

I have tried almost all of their throws, and I have to say that they are definitely up there on top with some other companies…

but yea everyone is entitled to their opinion and thats how it should be!

Just wanted to clear some things up.

The Arctic Circle, Chief and Canvas are all manufactured by One Drop. Except the first run of the Chief, that was done locally.

The Avalanche, Sasquatch, Gnarwhal, BvM, Wooly Marmot, Campfire, Peak, and Bassalope are/were all made in Canada locally.

I am working on getting a 3rd shop on board in Canada to help out with manufacturing so that may be why Zach was confused.

We love working with David, Shawn and the One Drop crew. Their help with manufacturing and attention to detail/quality has been what has kept CLYW in business since I quit my engineering job in September. We hope to continue working with them for as long as possible and have a really great friend and work relationship.

Sorry about the confusion everyone.

Also … our price is set at a value that we feel our throws are worth. We take into account: costs, supply, demand, playability, competition etc … and we feel that this is quite fare. Sorry that some of you don’t think so.

Arctic Circle pricing will be set on par with the Chief. Also, a percentage of the profit from every throw goes straight to Zach for all of his support, loyalty and hard work. He’s an essential member of our team and I plan to do even more for him moving forward.

• Chris
4 Likes

All I’m gonna say is as soon as I saw the latest design of the Artic Circle, I knew I had to have it and knew I will like it.

I’m already making plans to find ways to ensure I get one or two of these. theroybit and I both like the CLYW products a lot, so we look out for each other and try to ensure we both get the stuff we’re looking for. When one comes out, we look to get them.

Nobody is making anyone spend the money. I hope a lot of you feel it’s too expensive. It will just make it that much easier for me to get the ones I am after. When I get mine, anyone near Sacramento can show up to my almost weekly yoyo meets and give it a good toss.

Feel free to try my current inventory of 11 CLYW’s and 7 One Drops(soon to be 9), among other fine yoyos.

Thank you. I started the thread, not meaning to cause any controversy. But apparently some people had to come out and diss you. Kinda ticks me off.

It doesn’t matter what brand, there will always be critics.

What I found especially interesting where the yoyos made and not made by One Drop. If we overlook a lot of other stuff, what i like is the fact that it appears the industry itself is very into supporting itself. One Drop knows how to make yoyos and design yoyos. CLYW knows how to design yoyos. One Drop puts that same enthusiasm into making yoyos for themselves as they do for others. I’d rather see more of this type of synergy. Keep those who make yoyos in business! Machinists who know yoyos make yoyos and they do it right!

Okay, so I have seen chris’, and zach’s post. i will apologize if I was too harsh, but will still say it is too much for me to spend. And ZZach has one of the coolest styles of anyone.

Good response Dingo54, you were @ first a little harsh but, IMO every argument in this thread have now been balanced. Thanks to you and caribouchris! @ this point, I’m neutral. Monies tight but I’m loving both One Drop and CLYW!