Arctic Circle

Ya the specs have been posted, price is around 0$- more than it is worth.

And for you people mad at me for posting my first post, I dont care. You can be mad, and I am cool with that. But I am not going to apologize for saying my opinion and trying to not let people go broke.

Well hi, you’re saying the only CLYW to live up to the supernova just barely is the chief? I guessed you tried this yoyo huh. Love that you base opinions on made up opinions. You also say that its on par with japanese companies. Well recreation and turning point yoyos are 190 and thats far more then ours unless its a LIMITED edition.

All of Recreations yoyos look the same too. What’s their point?

3 Likes

Ya, you would say this if you are getting them for free. And when I say the supernova, I am considering how it is about, maybe less than, half the price.

5 Likes

Zach, I love your style, flow, and the unique element you bring to this sport. I do plan to buy this Jo-Jo and if it is anything like your artistic style it will be indescribable.

No don’t take it the wrong way. I too LOVE your style Zach, and I am SURE this will be an amazing yoyo. I am just kind of ranting because ever since the sasquatch release I have been refraining from getting any clyw. I even deannodized my 28stories avalanche for practice with deannodizing because it has vibe.

Out of context, I know, but ::slight_smile:

1 Like

I posted that aware someone would quote that. It is all based on price>performance.

So boycott CLYW? I’m not promoting it but I am curious at what the next step is.

I hope you know that they scraped the first prototype, and came up with an entirely different design.

That was the word I wanted to use, but didn’t want to start another flame war. And yes I am, and have for at least a year now. This is mainly because I try to spend 90$ or less on yoyos. I also not only find it obscene, but I almost find it rude to charge this much. And 300$ just because it is a special edition? No. Especially when that special edition is black with random color speckles and has a nasty color while spinning, and this is DEFINETLY in my opinion.

[quote=“Zach6106,post:22,topic:37679”]
Not exactly, most YYRs are 14,800 Yen. It’s the exchange rate due to a strong Yen that makes them so expensive here. The US and Canadian are basically at parity, so there’s not that excuse. In Japan Chiefs cost 13,900 Yen - 16,900 Yen, depending on colorway, making them at best slightly cheaper than YYR, and at worst quite a bit more expensive. Oh well though, i’ll buy an Arctic Circle because i’m sure it will play nice and i’m so happy there’s another CLYW without an ugly, disgusting hub sticking out as a lazy engineer’s afterthought. I just find it funny that CLYW charges more than One Drop even though One Drop is manufacturing their throws.

I in no way support either side. I just came here to say that hubs aren’t from lazy designers. It’s to have more threads engaged so that the yoyo doesn’t strip. It also adds center weight, which seems to be something that people like. Please think about why they’re there before posting.

2 Likes

Sigh

1 Like

Yup.

I enjoy CLYW. I like their designs and I like their performance. I will admit that I have a 2nd Run Peak that plays heavy and another that plays amazing and smooth, and other people have tried them and agreed with me. My Canvas, well, I feel could be better. I feel they compromised in some performance to have that nice “canvas” area for artwork, and for what I paid for it, I honestly expected more. Will I get the Arctic Circle? Yes, I’m gonna lay out cash for it so when it drops. I can be the first to get one. In fact, I’m gonna try to lay out DOUBLE the cash so I can ensure a friend of mine, who also likes CLYW, will get one as well.

I’m not gonna sit here and get into a “best” or whatever argument. We all know better/best are matters of preferences. I also know some people here don’t like CLYW. Some people dislike CLYW from the perspective that their yoyos don’t work well for their preferences, which is a fair assessment. There’s others that dislike CLYW because “it costs too much”, yet some of them have yoyos in a higher price bracket.

Here’s the deal:
Buy it or don’t. They WILL sell. CLYW makes a quality product. Not all designs work well for all players. No company can make everyone happy. That’s life. I’m hoping this “I’m not gonna buy it” vibe is true, that way it will be easier for me to buy 1 or 2 when they drop.

1 Like

^Agreed
If these yoyos were half the price, nobody would be complaining. It looks like a wonderful yoyo, creatively using aspects from former models. But, it’s all just basic supply and demand, and if people buy them, the price is just going to stay the same. And people WILL buy them.

I just wanted to clarify something. Someone said its odd that they cost more than One Drop yoyos even though they make them. You should consider that they charge more to make the CLYWs than it costs to produce because they need to make a profit. Also consider that CLYW has different anodizing than OD, all of which drives up the cost

When did that stop happening? Mere curious…

~Z

They still make some, not all. Not these.

if you don’t like their prices, don’t freaking buy them, GOOOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHH!!!

I freakin love CLYW, they are by far my fav company, and i will continue to unconditionally support them.