Anyone try the Bear Trap at world's?

Really excited about this YoYo, such an interesting design.

Does it play/feel like a Chief? Does the cup ring give it sufficient rim weight?

I’d really like to know what people think of it.

6 Likes

I tried one. It feels good, just not my cup of tea. Really light and zippy on the string. Never played a chief so i can’t compare

4 Likes

Yall talking about this one?

2 Likes

There is a new updated version that CLYW have just released.

1 Like

@hobbygod how much do they cost?

2 Likes

90 or 95, i dont remember. I think 95

3 Likes

That’s less than I thought it would be.

1 Like

Any updates on the Bear Trap release? :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

They just sent out information. Very soon!

I have also been throwing one since worlds. It has this very genuinely special feeling to it.

Chief has always been my all-time favorite YoYo from CLYW. And bear trap is almost like it’s fun older brother. I’m still crossing my fingers for a true chief remake someday but bear trap brings to the table this incredible playfulness that I have not really found in many other throws. And has incredibly stable spin while just feeling nimble and unique. I find it to be the throw I want to pick up when I’m just messing around. And also visually it is just stunning - I snagged the gold!

21 Likes

Do you know what some of the colours might be? I’m really hoping for a Hulk Smash.

Also another very important question, does lint and fluff get stuck in the end cap?

1 Like

They actually just shared a group shot!

Solid colors right now. I know that some have the bear trap engraving in white and the gold one for example actually has a black engraving which I really dig.

I have not had any problems with lint or fluff - if I look close I can sometimes see dust inside I guess but can just blow it out - the visual is worth it! Haha.

13 Likes

Just throwing this out there because it’s relevant to this yo-yo too.

Why do yoyo companies refuse to just post straight up profile shots of the yo-yos they are releasing? It’s literally the most important picture to take if you’re trying to get people excited about your yo-yo. I don’t want to see it lying on its side, I don’t care what it looks like angled at a quarter turn. I want to see the shape of your yo-yo.

And every time I’ve commented this on a company’s Instagram posts I’ve had my comment liked or replied to that they’ll post one soon and it doesn’t happen. Like it’s literally pressing a button on your phone, you don’t need to contact the FBI and get clearance, you don’t need to have the picture developed. Just take the picture and post it.

Rant over.

13 Likes

Thought i was the only one who cared or even noticed with the beatrap. There just isnt a profile pic and it frustrates

3 Likes

I agree 100%

4 Likes

I don’t personally care what it looks like or what shape it is.
It comes in green.
Nuff said for me!

:stuck_out_tongue:

Its like a rounded v/h from what i remember at worlds

It’s so good. It’s fun and it performs. It’s the only yoyo I actually enjoy fingerspinning. Chris and Steve killed it with this one. It opens up a lot of possibilities for press fit caps in the future too. #innovation

2 Likes

You can fingerspin this thing? :thinking:

2 Likes

Hey @YoYoExpertGarrett are these coming out tomorrow on the site?

Yup, Thursday @ 10PM.

3 Likes