Anyone throw with their non-dominant hand for "fun"?

Like the title says. I often switch to my left hand to see if I can land a particular trick that way. Recently, I’ve been working on left-handed Brent stoles.

8 Likes

I can’t throw very good with my dominant hand. Sooo I don’t think it would go very well with my left. I have tried with my Loop 720s just basic throws and forward passes to slowly build the feel for it.

2 Likes

Used to compete in 5a and I had to learn a bunch of tricks with my right, how do you all do it?!?!

2 Likes

I’ve tried it for fun from time to time. It’s hard lol. I usually just try breakaways and trapezes and Hidemasa hooks

2 Likes

No, because it’s not fun. :hushed:

4 Likes

There. I changed the title to make it more relatable. :smile:

2 Likes

Play 3a! Very rewarding

3 Likes

When i was 11 I was a die hard yoyoer and also played competitive baseball as a pitcher. I sustained an injury to my throwing arm and to allow it to heal, i had to switch to lefty yoyoing for a few months. Sometimes I’d get so tired of doing string tricks lefty, i would throw it left handed and then take the string off my left hand and it put back on the right hand before doing tricks :joy:

Last night though i tried to use my left hand to loop with a fixed axle for “fun”; ended up smacking myself pretty hard within a few minutes :slight_smile:

4 Likes

For 2A (dual handed looping!) you need to do this, so I have practiced it. Feels so weird, man!

5 Likes

Can’t really truly do that as I am amadexterus for most things and left hand yoyo in comes pretty easy to me for normal tricks, speed is a different story though

2 Likes