Anyone receive or get to throw the A-rt Inhaler yet?

I love my Inhaler. This thing is everything I hoped it would be, but also not what I expected in the slighted. The “no rim weight” mantra means one thing when you read it, another thing when you pinch the rims and realize this thing really has “no” rim weight lol. Crazy light, bouncy, zippy, floaty, agile, and most of all… FUN.

7 Likes

Here is the brand if you are interested. I can’t imagine what kind of person would wear this. NYACTIVE SHOOTER T-SHIRT - WAIFU WATCHERS

9 Likes

That is asinine.

4 Likes

Dude… it’s worse than I thought. Read the description:

:grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:
I actually can’t believe someone made this. At BEST it’s cringe 2011 4-Chan “humor,” but it’s more on the tasteless, offensive and sad side. Honestly this kinda bums me out cause I feel like A-RT has carried on that early CLYW spirit, but this is just a major turn off and kinda makes me not want to buy anything from them anymore. Or throw my Inhaler. Major yikes.

12 Likes

Truer words were never spoken……….hum?

2 Likes

So the inhaler is much advertised as not being good for or able to do horizontal tricks.
I decided to break the rules
Be mad :laughing:

24 Likes

This drama plus last year’s drama

woohoo

Imma just steer clear I think :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Bruh… Idk how I’m JUST NOW discovering this… and I’m also confused why no one else talking about this? While exploring his “brand” I came across this disgusting pro-pedophilia video Chase made. Watch at your own risk, but I definitely think people need to be speaking up and talking about this. These are members of our community who people look up to/buy from. (Charles is unfortunately not exempt from any of this, he’s in the marketing on Chase’s site). Hoping this can help people be more informed with their buying decisions.

NSFW warning, but here it is:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CdgI40LIY3O/

Absolutely repulsive, trash person. I don’t know how this can be excused or justified tbh… but I won’t be buying any more A-RT, that’s for sure.

3 Likes

Nobody said anything but I assumed everybody knew. I didnt even try to get an inhaler because chase was involved.
I dont mind supporting jensen because he just seems like a guy trying to make ends meet but Im not sure about the brand anymore…

3 Likes

This post you showed is to me clearly him making fun of a very common stereotype and thing that happens in the anime “weaboo” world where a lot of people’s “waifus” are under 18. A lot of those responses are the stereotypical arguments that you’ll see from the anime cringe memes and such. I don’t think he’s saying he agreeing with it but playing fun at the trope.

1 Like

…idk about you, but I wouldn’t wanna be the one even trying to remotely justify or explain the reasoning of the guy who made this :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

Just… beyond yikes man.

6 Likes

And yet, people do and will

Something something “he’s just a troll and you’re falling for the bait”

It’s kinda sad

4 Likes

Edit* (i dont have an A-rt, removing myself from the convo)

3 Likes

yeah that tiktok to me just seems like its making fun of the fact all these anime girls people like are of a certain age group. still a bit dicey but its not a pro anything video just dumb.
As for that T-shirt though…yeah that’s gonna be a tough sell to explain that to anyone haha I had a look at the brand website and I don’t understand the joke at all. I’m certain I’m not the audience for it but I’m also struggling to think of anyone who is the audience for it. At best they would be edgy, throw-away, 4chan memes from 15 years ago. This is a side of A-RT I didn’t know existed. Well its not A-RT, Jenson doesn’t seem to have any part in it. But yeah very strange stuff haha

4 Likes

Nah man, it IS pro pedophilia, just scroll through those comments. Even if it WASN’T intended to be, why the hell as a content creator would you wanna be even remotely associated with so many people who ARE?

It’s clear as day - in his video, he responds to a video that says:
“If your anime waifu is underage, you’re a sick creep and should be locked up”
with:
“I GUESS WE ALL GOING TO JAIL THEN”
And then lists all his underage “waifus”

Literally inexcusable, indefensible ■■■■ man. The whole school shooter thing was enough to turn me off personally, but the pro-pedo stuff is way too far and I can’t believe I even have to say that. If anyone here finds themselves even sort of defending or rationalizing this trash human being… I PROMISE you, you are on the very extremely wrong side of things.

12 Likes

Also I just would like to say that I hope nothing in this thread or the thread itself is eventually deleted. I think it serves as a VERY important PSA/“buyer beware” to all potential A-RT customers/those interested in the Inhaler. I certainly know for me, had I known what I know now, I absolutely wouldn’t have bought the Inhaler, and would have distanced myself from the A-RT brand as much as possible. There is absolutely no place in the yoyo community for what we’ve seen demonstrated by Chase… and as long as productive, civil conversation can be had about it, that’s not only fine, but important IMO.

12 Likes

I think you’re really trying to push that video to something far more than it really is. Maybe as someone whos in the anime/cosplay/ weeb kind of culture I see this kind of joking a lot more (and not saying it’s “right” just that it’s a common thing that’s made fun of a lot), and much a thing I wouldn’t see as a huge statement.

As for other things on that site, yes there are distasteful things that are much of what I expect from Chase and his friends on their level of “trolling”, often things I think shouldn’t be trolled about, but trolling nonetheless.

I do encourage anyone to make their own investigations and internal look into who’s behind their yoyos and make their judgments, although I don’t think a thread where people are trying to show off their new throw and share playability experiences is it.

Just my take.

10 Likes

Yeah he’s giving it a lil too much attention for what it really is. No reason to get all twisted out of shape over it. Anyway, the inhaler has gotten tons of playtime and it’s still very satisfying every toss.

7 Likes

But it’s not just the waifu/pedo stuff. From Chase allegedly ripping kids off for Peaks via the BST back in the day… to the point where Chris himself had to post a statement dissociating CLYW from Chase. To “edgy” jokes including stuff about school shooters, Chase makes his character clearly known. A couple years ago I even emailed A-RT to express concern that they were associating themselves even more with Chase.

Look, I get it, Chase is their buddy. But it’s another thing to integrate him into the A-RT brand.

A-RT “responded” to the concerns by doubling down and making Chase a full team member, including him more and more in their marketing, and making him a signature yoyo, the Inhaler, replete with more jokes, this time about the pandemic. Haha, so funny and “edgy”… not!

I used to buy from A-RT regularly but I haven’t for years. Even though their new yoyos seem pretty cool the spirit of what they do took a turn into stuff that I’m not feeling. I guess I’m just a “complainer” :wink: and their yoyos aren’t for me anymore. The school shooter stuff was the nail in the coffin for me.

The line between ironic appropriation and true appreciation for revolting points of view is thin.

EDIT: here’s the old thread about Chase scamming people from a long time ago. This is reason #1 I wasn’t happy to see A-RT’s more recent direction involving Chase:

18 Likes

Yep I thought he got “black balled” in the yoyo community a long time ago for all of the scamming. Never been a fan of his actions or ideologies.

9 Likes