Anyone into tea?

I used to work with a woman from Sri Lanka. Her husband went to visit a friend that owned or was involved with a plantation, and brought back several good sized pouches of high quality black tea. Especially when freshly opened that tea was amazing. The brewed color was a rich red mahogany and drinking it felt like swallowing a glow that warmed the soul. I have never had anything close.

3 Likes

I’m not into gong fu tea but I love some loose leaf tea. My favorites are:
Golden Monkey
Dragon Well
Lapsang Souchong
Russian Caravan

1 Like

Me too lol

1 Like

uptons got decent stuff.
You pretty much need to flash brew pu. Like a 20 second steep times and you get like a dozen steeps.

2 Likes

Not tea but kinda along those lines, I drink yerba mate. I run it through a french press.

1 Like

I also buy my tea from Upton!

I stopped, sometime last year they seemed to have gigantic price increases so I’ve since gone with Harney. My wife is a big fan of Paris.

Boba tea is beyond amazing. I am like addicted!image

3 Likes

I tried chai more than once, but as the saying goes:

‘If at first you don’t succeed; chai, chai again’…

1 Like

Anyone tried blue tea?

2 Likes

I love tea, but haven’t tried blue tea. I’ve had hibiscus tea.

Yeah, necro this thread!!!
Just received this years shi feng longjing yesterday. Perfect timing :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love tea! I’ve been ordering from Adagio teas for around 15 years now and put orders in for more specialized oolongs and pu-erh from What-Cha and Yunnan Sourcing.

2 Likes

I don’t know anything about tea, but I drink like 5-10 cups a day lol. I’m a grocery store tea buyer but I would to totally go into a tea shop if there was one locally and get wild with it.

I’m not a connoisseur of teas. I loved when we would go to a Dim sum place in Raleigh Nc, enjoyed the jasmine tea.

Here in Colorado Springs I’ve only found the Yellow Mountain Tea room in Old Colorado City. Lots and lots of teas, but not happy with the Dim sum selection. I like the places with the double sided laminated menu’s with a bunch of pictures where they are numbered.

If someone knows of Dim Sum places in Colorado Springs, CO. Let me know.

Cant go wrong with Yunnan Sourcing! Crazy huge selection. I wouldnt say that anything is super top shelf, but never been disappointed in anything from them.

2 Likes

Of only I’d of known of this earlier. I’ve been such a huge fan of chinese tea for a good number of years now and have been aging a couple, though I don’t know if my method is actually doing anything, or just preserving it in a plastic bag lol.

I’m into many different types, though I think my favorite has to be Dan Cong, ti guan yin, sheng pu-erh and Jasmine flavored green teas.

As you can see teavivre while not the highest quality is my usual go to because they’re so inexpensive.

Also I’ve got some teas from a tea discord I’m in called “Death roast oolongs” if you ever want me to send you a sample. they’re over roasted oolongs that have no name, but were labled A-F that we were to try out and give reviews of. really interesting, but strange stuff.

As for pots and brewers I’m very much in the inexpensive but does the job camp. I wish I could get the money for some expensive yixing pot, but most of the ones I’ve seen out there are either counterfit or too expensive for me to justify buying one.

Do you have any good recommendations for sheng pu-erh? @dizzo

2 Likes

Tokoname makes the best pots imho. The region is known for some of the best potters in the world. But ya, its quite expensive. Not easy to fake though, so if you buy some from reputable ebay sellers in japan itll have the name stamp and you know its legit

2 Likes

Just googled some pieces, and oof ouch, my wallet.

Tell me about it. Im deep in bonsai pots and a few nice teapots. I hoard them like a dragon lol

1 Like