Anyone into tea?

I get exclusively Chai Tea drinks from Starbucks?! does that count?

1 Like

Y’all are sleepin on bubble tea

4 Likes

Oh, ya. I have a dozen yixing pots. About half of them are Factory 1. One of them is early 1970s red clay. I also have a Zhuni made from Zhauzhuang old stock clay. I used to pursue yixing collecting, but honestly, its almost impossible for a westerner. Fakes are rampant. If you manage to find a quality pot from a reputable seller the price is just ridiculous.
I sure wish gift tea was something available.
I one day hope to visit Taiwan and offer to work for free at a tea plantation.
For those following this thread that arent in the know. Here is a few Bagua-Tea-Graden tsZmvcs zuFluGc pictures of a tea plantation.

5 Likes

yoyo bubble tea?

5 Likes

I don’t even like tea (please don’t hate me! :frowning: lol)…but I feel like I need to drink one of these yoyo bubble teas. I have a strong suspicion that doing so would give me a +1 to my yoing skill.
Can anyone confirm?

2 Likes

Its full of tapioca balls. If your into that, you might like it.

3 Likes

I started down the tea rabbit hole for a minute, then had a baby. I am a HUGE fan of things that take time and make me pay attention (tea, throwing, listening to an album in its entirety on vinyl, knitting, fatherhood). Unfortunately my toddler does not appreciate a good ritual as much as I do, so I’m settling for a pot of pu’er every once and again. Loves me some pungent brew.

4 Likes

I found that right around the age of four, my son began to show interest in it rather than something I had to keep him away from. Now I cant make a cup without him requesting to be part of it all. He even needed to get his own smaller cup to keep with all my teaware. <3

8 Likes

Noice. I’m looking forward to him taking interest in things. Currently he’s only really passionate about snacks and the Incredibles.

4 Likes

Love tea, I drink it every morning English style with cream and sugar. Here’s my tea station. I love Assam, Ceylon, Darjeeling and Pu-Ehr. Pu-Ehr is especially good with cream and sugar actually (blasphemy I know).

Decent loose leaf black teas are probably easier to find than top end Greens and Oolongs since they often come from India, Sri Lanka, etc.

The Ingenuitea brewer is super convenient for every day use. That sugar pourer is also a special item for me. My Mom uses one exactly like it and has used it since I was a young boy. It was made by Federal glassware in Chicago… They stopped making them in the 60s or 70s I think. Using it always reminds me of my childhood home.

Oh and I love bubble tea.

9 Likes

Yaaasssssss. I love this as well. Some almond milk and just a touch of sugar makes the perfect cuppa. Wish it wasn’t triple digits for the next 4 months, lol. Kind of hard to enjoy something hot.

2 Likes

It’s fantastic iced! Make the Pu-Ehr extra strong (easy to do since it’s dark), add cream, extra sugar and then pour over a cup full of ice. Voila… instant Pu-Ehr Ice Milk Tea.

2 Likes

You guys are gross.
I want to taste the Hong Kong basement its been sitting in for all these hot humid years.
Perhaps that not the best way to prove my point that YOU are the gross ones LOL

4 Likes

Poo-er is delicious. I’m a fan of the pungent. Vinegar, strong citrus, sour beer, thick malty beer, all sorts of mustard, gin, sardines, etc.

1 Like

5 Likes

I’ve been drinking a lot of chai recently. It’s so delicious.

3 Likes

Having a 1999 8502 big leaf right now. Excellent!
The rain in taiwan this season was so low that many gaoshan farmers arent doing a winter harverst. Looks like its sheng and dancong for me until spring.
Check out this amazing ROC hongni yixing pot im getting!

6 Likes

I thought I was into tea until I tried pu-erh. Then I just nope, nope, noped.

Now I just drink East Frisian, but I’ve been off caffeine for more than a year so i don’t drink that often anymore.

Puerh requires much different brewing than other teas. If you got lower quality tea and/or didnt brew it right, it probably tasted like swamp water and dirty socks. It may be worth researching “gong fu brewing” and revisiting it.

1 Like

I bought from Upton and followed the instructions. But I’d imagine gong fu brewing would be much better. Thanks for the info!

2 Likes