Anyone follow tennis?

I was swamped at work for 4 hours straight.

As soon as I was free I checked my phone and shed a tear when I found out Federer lost in a 5th set tiebreak :sob:

AND he had 2 match points. Oh it hurts :cry:

3 Likes

I watch when ever Madison Keys plays. Not that I am into tennis, she is just from my home town (Rock Island, IL)

1 Like

I play like 2-3 times a week, but I don’t really care for pro tennis ¯_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

I havent played in a few years, but ive been meaning to (time restraints along with friends with time to play). The string on my racket broke though so I need to restring it first.

I didn’t watch the match, but hearing about how epic it was, im tempted to waste 5 hours of my life just to see it. That 6-1 set, what the heck happened there?

It’s not that uncommon for a close match to have a “blowout” set like that. I haven’t watched it or read much about it so I’m not sure but a 6-1 score line is can actually just be 2 breaks of serve. And those games still could’ve been relatively close. For example, the winner of the set simply could have held all of their service games and won 2 returning games that went to deuce). Losing one service game can also be a huge blow mentally especially in a close match against a strong server. Tennis is a unique sport in that you can win more points than your opponent but still lose the match

Another thing is between 2 similar level players, letting your guard down just a little bit can make a huge difference. When I played on my HS team it wasn’t uncommon for me to play a set that ended with me winning like 6-2 but I know I definitely could’ve also lost it 2-6 if my focus slipped just a little or I didn’t get a lucky shot here or there.

Remember, one game lost = 2 game differential. What could be a 3-3 score line could also be 4-2