Anyone else have the same problem?

You cant claim none of their products interest you and then claim you want something produced by them…

1 Like

Your right, your right. Let’s just say, the only ones I want… I’d have to go out of my way to get haha.

Fair enough

Lol. I was thinking the same thing.

I have never had a problem like that. But if I were you for smaller company wise might want to try c3 they got some cool stuff.

I don’t think I would call it a problem. You buy what you like or what interests you the most. No harm there.

Already have two of their throws haha

I absolutely love the Avant Garde that came in this year’s mystery box. It’s an astonishingly good throw. I also have designs on a Catalyst, Genesis, or Supernova. Then there’s the G-funk. And HOT. And Roll Model. Still want at least one dv888, too (probably get that on a BST sometime).

They have a lot of great throws. Can’t afford to get that many yoyos (starting to get too much overlap in my collection already, and it’s a small collection!) but they have a bunch I would grab.

I buy what I want for the reason I want, and I don’t apologize to anybody for my decisions.

I think since YYF has so many different yoyo for all skill levels, anyone can find something that looks good to them. And they have throws that are anywhere from $10-140. I think that’s why people, especially newer to yoyoing, like and have lots of YYF.

Yes, they are great for buying starting yoyos but my problem is when i have $100 to spend,ill get something like the SEVERE instead of a $90 throw from someone else.

Buy the best yoyo for you. Doesn’t much matter who makes it if the play best matches your style and wants.

I actually feel bad about not owning any high end YYF. Their promo videos, particularly the 888 vid, got me interested in the hobby. But every time I opened my wallet recently I end up buying a OneDrop, TenYoyo, or G2. I really want a G5, 888, and AG and I will get them eventually. YYF does a lot to grow the community both on the publicity side with a team of some great players who are some of the most visible ambassadors of the sport, and by providing exceptional yoyos at every price point.

Do your research, read reviews, try everything you can, and buy what you like best regardless of brand.

Call me wrong or whatever but I always message the company first when checking them out. I ask them what will be new or just anything that comes to mind… There response is what makes if I buy a product from them. Thats why the last few I have got has been clyw. The day I messages Chris, he sent me a message back within an hour telling me stuff and How much he appreciated my comments. I had a few yyf’s, one had a bad bearing or something. can’t quite remember. It was over a year ago. It took them a week to reply per message. From then on, I haven’t bought another product from them. I can tell clyw doesnt only make throws for the money. Same with Monkey Finger (waiting on a gelada to come in now) and c3.

Could’ve been wacky timing due to contests or something, because when I had a small issue with a yoyo, YYF responded quickly and immediately, and went above and beyond the call of duty to make sure I was satisfied.

Yoyofactory is my favorite brand. But i try so hard to have a varied brand collection.

i think that is a great way to approach buying from a new company. I might steal this tactic lol

The new company I took a chance on was GSquared with their Albatross. Blew my mind. I didn’t feel the need to check them out, as Brett and Jacob already have great reputations in the community.

The other companies I have tried before I bought was Eternal Throw and RaYoYo at Nationals 2012.

However, in general, I do agree with checking out all companies regardless of size or age. YYJ, YYF and Duncan have all impressed me with customer service With Yomega, my results are “satisfactory”, but nothing I’d count as negative, just nothing amazing or special. I’ve had no need to contact CLYW. My direct dealings with OD have been spectacular.

I guess I should start running down my list and seeing who I need to bug…