Anyone else have Tequila waiting to drink from the TEQUiLA?

We do!

Espolon is good! Fun fact a distributor told us, the head distiller worked for Herradura for years. When Diageo (distributor) bought Herradura they wanted to cut some cost and corners. The distiller said no, was let go, and went and started Espolon.

Some others we liked - Siete Leguas, Corzo, Tezon, El Tesoro.

3 Likes

I did not know that about Espolon! I’ll have to give it a try.

Unfortunately I finished up the last of my Maestro Dobol for Cinco de Mayo. I suppose some El Jimador will have to do.

2 Likes

Hornitos and El Jimador are always consistent quality!

Many think Patron is the greatest, but really, they’re just the greatest at spending millions on advertising saying they’re the greatest. :innocent:

I love talking to distributors. So many stories. I liked Herradura too but for almost 1/2 the price Espolon is an easy winner imho. Plus I really like the art work.

Forgot to mention Los Altos and Lunazul tequila!

I think the noticeable smoke in a good Mezcal is great too! Then you have the smooth, light smoke, and slight sweetness of a Sotol. Very easy to drink so be careful. For the money ($35’ish) Hacienda De Chihuahua Anejo Sotol is something worth seeking out and trying.

While tequila is known worldwide, connoisseurs delight with sotol, Mexico´s best kept secret. A secret of 800 years reserved for the hacendados and distinguished guests.

So don’t tell anybody! :shushing_face:

2 Likes

5 Likes

A shot glass you can yoyo with! Brilliant!

Wish I could try it, but mine is going to take forever to get here (4 weeks). DHL usually only takes a few days but I guess not from them.

1 Like

Well, I don’t drink. So instead of getting a yoyo I could use for a shot glass. I just bought a loaf a bread I could use for a sandwich.

And then, just wash it down with a little almond milk poured in a Luftverk 000.

11 Likes

Gotta love their slogan/marketing - “Nut milk. Milk of the land.”

Good choice! And nice to have options since cow’s milk has always been terrible for humans. From my pediatrician to primary, they’ve all said cows milk is only good for baby cows.
I’m sure you remember when the dairy industry was going under until the ‘got milk’ campaign? Casein in milk is one of the leading cause of breast cancer and milk actually leeches calcium from bones etc. etc. Nut or oat milk for the win!

Edit: How could I forget the PUS! Does it make it creamy? :rofl:
“Cows are shot up with hormones and milked constantly, which regularly leads to infections in the udders. The result? Pus. Lots of it. One liter of milk often contains hundreds of millions of pus cells. But don’t worry, the USDA has our back. They closely monitor the pus content of milk to make sure it never rises above 750 MILLION pus cells per liter. Thanks, USDA.”

1 Like

Tequila pics kept breaking on my other post. Guess it was imgur? Anyway, tequila has many great options and doesn’t cost a fortune like a lot of scotch or whiskey. :wink:

Funny we started off learning and drinking Anejo, but reverted to Blanco to taste the original it came from and ended up liking it most.

JB Wagoner’s was the 1st US non-tequila. Can’t call it tequila but it’s like it. Wouldn’t recommend El Mayor, as some people I know have said, it might be good for shining pennies, but not drinking.

Corzo bottle was neat and good tequila to boot. Was designed by some fancy bottle designer and pours from a trough on top. The Scorpion Mezcal is quite smokey and pairs well with bold foods. A favorite is El Tesoro.

This is from the yoyo thread and good tequila. The Mezcal with the cat uses all different pictures for labels on every bottle but is a very smooth and medium smoke mezcal. We use glass bottles for water in the frig as use any plastic.

2 Likes

Still a bit new to tequila (gin is typically my drink of choice) but living in Austin fell in love with 512 specifically the blanco. Just nice and clean and makes for a fantastic margarita. What kinda Texan would I be if I didn’t partake in those :wink:

5 Likes

Never seen that tequila before, looks good! We started on vodka then moved to tequila before going to whiskey and scotch. Tequila has some amazing variation.

Do you like dirty martini’s? Try one with Tabasco brand olives and juice! They’re great with Bombay Sapphire with the heavy juniper flavor.

2 Likes

The Arrival. Not the Charlie Sheen one, but a good nuff flick ifyi.

Some tonic in the tequila to make it glow.

4 Likes

Lunazul is so good, I’d forgotten about that one!

1 Like

One of the smoothest for the $ you can buy! It’s won multiple awards too.

Edit: Goes good with taco’s too!

1 Like