Anyone buying something on Yoyoexpert later today?

:grin:

2 Likes

I definitely want to get a legendary terrarian!

7 Likes

This goes to show just how selfless @AndreBoulay is to be allowing this to happen on the forum, because this adventure will certainly eat into some of his sales.

2 Likes

How so?

I spend almost all of my yoyo budget right here on YYE. I will now be spending $140 less, and I’m pretty darn sure I’m not the only one.

That doesn’t exactly explain why.

Sure it does. Some of the money being spent on these Ti-Vayders would have otherwise been spent right here in YYE’s shop.

1 Like

Same. Legendary Terrarian’s gotta wait till next month but I’ll most likely be snagging it from YYE.

1 Like

So your original comment isn’t saying this post has anything to do with your change in what you are buying, simply a product isn’t available through here. So you aren’t buying something from yoyoexpert later today.

No, I responded to this topic because I thought your OP was a sly way of pointing out the negative effect this drop might have on sales here at YYE today!

6 Likes

I don’t really see it that way; I figure a stable longer term community of interest here will grow sales. Why wouldn’t it?

3 Likes

Well let’s not wear blinders when it comes to impact in YYE sales. There are only so many yoyo dollars out there. This is $70,000 in yoyo sales that isn’t going to support any yoyo store or yoyo company. Some of that is going to the yoyo club grant program but the Vayder sale will certainly impact YYE sales.

11 Likes

Well, it was a charity release, not a for-profit release. Are there usually non-profit releases like that on YYE? :thinking:

3 Likes

I don’t think there has but not sure. If there was or wasn’t though doesn’t change the fact that this will eat into sales.

2 Likes

Well technically if this was sold through stores as a for-profit release it would have been $300 plus, so the math isn’t right. You’d need to rejigger that.

3 Likes

Well no, the math is correct. It’s $70,000 in sales. What it would have sold for retail is irrelevant. I’m merely pointing out how many yoyo dollars came out of the yoyo buying system.

2 Likes

The fact that “later today” appears in the thread title seems more than a little coincidental with the fact that the TiVayder went up for sale today.

It couldn’t have sold for that price through YYE, that’s a stone cold fact. It’s literally impossible. That’s the nature of a non-profit release. Also…

This isn’t true, as a significant part is going to the yo-yo club program as the “charity”.

4 Likes

Look, I’m really not trying to argue but yes it certainly is true. The yoyo charity isn’t a yoyo store or yoyo company. It’s a charity.

Since the club program is adminstered and run through yoyoexpert, and branded yoyoexpert, and encourages a relationship between the club and YYE… doesn’t that imply that it “supports the yoyo store”? :thinking:

7 Likes