Anyone buying something on Yoyoexpert later today?

Okay, since the topic has changed so much from the original purpose, I guess I will just say it. I made this topic so I could give away a giftcard to someone who was excited to buy a yoyo from yoyoexpert today. I’ll find someone at a different time :+1:

20 Likes

No it supports the charity. I’m pretty certain André wasn’t really given an option here, it was kind of forced on him. Wether or not he’d decide to take $20,000 in sales to put to the charity would normally be up to him. That really wasn’t the case here.

2 Likes

Are you sure? Did you discuss it with Andre? That’s not my understanding of the situation based on a few months of being quite close to it. You are free to your own personal interpretation of what’s happening of course.

2 Likes

@Cannon I’m sorry your topic got derailed. This was super cool of you and I’m certain you won’t have trouble in the future finding a good home for it.
Potential Idea: Go into the looking for help/recommendations section and find someone looking to purchase their first metal yoyo? Or someone who has a strict budget but has recommendations for things that are more expensive :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Yes I’m sure.

4 Likes

If you’d like me to delete all the topics and cancel the programs, I can…

3 Likes

So that’s what happens when you lose an argument lol? Take your ball and go home?

2 Likes

I feel André had an option. This is his house, he could’ve squashed all the threads very early. It appears to me he saw where it was heading and conceded that some of the money donated to a new program to help try to grow yoyoing is better than no money toward a program.

Could be wrong, but that’s my guess. Also looking forward to seeing if this program works out, and/or how well it works out.

5 Likes

I’m just saying if it shouldn’t be here, @AndreBoulay should let me know, and I can remove the topics. It’s not a problem. I already removed the number request topic – which granted was ill advised.

3 Likes

Poor @Cannon who just wanted to give away a $10 YYE certificate :sob:

Let me put it to you this way @vegabomb – to make interesting things happen, you have to push boundaries. It’s not supposed to feel great, that’s the nature of change & progress :wink:

If it was easy everyone would do it.

5 Likes

95% of all my yoyo related purchases are from YYE. Nothing today though. :money_mouth_face:

4 Likes

Based on my quote from @AndreBoulay above it looks like you succeeded in your goal of “Its not supposed to feel great”.

3 Likes

Well, it’s a charity release :man_shrugging:

It would not be good for the yo-yo stores if every release was a charity release, that’s true. C’est la vie.

(Although in this case, the charity is connected to YYE and goes directly to popularizing yo-yo & creating more yo-yoers which would grow future sales, so it really depends how you look at it.)

6 Likes

I think I may have seen this saying in the Techbrospeak Dictionary. If I remember correctly, it roughly translates to “the ends justify the means.”
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

See my above ↑ ↑ reply.

The genie of “these days anyone can make a yo-yo” isn’t really going back in that bottle, though :wink:

3 Likes

If this was a regular practice, it would be different. This is a one time thing, and a really good thing at that, with more of a long-game effect. Even if the near future runs a little tighter than normal, this is a great long-game investment. Which is how Andre has come to terms with it.

4 Likes

The only game worth playing is the long one.

5 Likes

And I hope this project and club confirms that YYE is the place where cool yo-yo things happen.

3 Likes

No good deed goes unpunished!

1 Like

I spent 110$ here a couple days ago and can be pretty certain 90% of my future purchases will be from YYE or Andre’s brick and mortar store. I also spent like 60$ at the YYE table at NER and over 150$ at his brick and mortar in my last three trips there.

The only thing affecting how much I spend on the shop here will be how long stuff i want stays in stock, and that’s on manufacturers for making insufficient runs and run sizes. Everyone can make yo-yos these days but apparently most of them can’t make enough.

9 Likes