Anyone around Minneapolis - St Paul area?

So everyone who is interested in possibly joining/forming a new club somewhere in Minneapolis or the metro area please reply to this post with a comment telling me what city you live in. Also if you can tell me if you live in the north, south, east, west, or center part of the city that would help even more but it’s not necessary. I don’t need specifics, I just want to try to find a location that would be somewhat in the middle of where we all live.
If you’re not comfortable with posting the name of the city you live in on the forum you can also send me a private message. Thank You.
And if for whatever reason anyone is wondering, I live in South Minneapolis.

Burnsville.

I just realized I should also ask for days and times that work well for people, too. And also how many times a month or week they would want to attend.
For me Monday through Thursday will work best. And sometime after dinner would be best for me but afternoons would work for me as well.

So for me:

South Minneapolis
Monday through Thursday
afternoons or after dinner

Burnsville
Monday-Wednesday (Sometimes Thursdays)
Anytime of the above days.

1 Like

This sure is not going well.

I know. I want to get 4 or 5 people who are interested before I find us a place to meet. I’m sure we could meet in a conference room at a library or community center for free but we would have to schedule it in advance.

whats wrong with the air traffic meets?

I wouldn’t mind meeting elsewhere, but I also don’t mind and prefer Air Traffic. Sure the one at the MOA was a bit small, however if you walk outside, there’s a bright and open area to hang out outside the shop. I prefer MOA because we can go inside Air Traffic and check out the yoyos and stuff that they have. I also think more people would go if we set it at Air Traffic rather than elsewhere, it just seems convenient.

fosho, i will say that if people went to the eden prairie meets id be much more likely to come out.

maybe in the spring or summer an outdoor meet would be cool too!

OMG, a outdoor meet in the cool warmish weather would be killer awesome! I am sick of the snow and the cold!

EDIT: And on the GRASS! That way we can play on our most precious yoyos rather than using a beater yoyo.

That kind of sucks. Thought I could create a solid meet. Looks like it’s backfiring.

I would be willing to hit the Air Traffic in the MOA if we can get a couple more guys to show up. It’s not possible for me to get out to Eden Prairie since I don’t have a car.

Come on Minnesotans! Let’s make something exciting!

Air Traffic also has yoyo lab on Mondays at Rosedale and Eden Prairie, and Thursday at Maple Grove.

The Eden Prarie yoyo night is now on Thursdays

In the Spring, I will hopefully do a meet-up and a giveaway in a outdoor place where we can all meet up and throw yoyos on the grass. Probably at the big Cherry Spoon at the Sculpture Garden in Minneapolis. I am going to figure which yoyo out of my YYE Winter Giveaway prize to do a raffle as a prize for showing up. I might do two giveaways if there’s enough people. The giveaway raffle is just to help make people show up. In Minnesota, the snow can last all throughout Spring, so that’s why I said hopefully in Spring. Otherwise Summer isn’t too bad.

Picture by Sproston found on Google Images

Hmmm, looks like they need to update their calendar.  :wink:
http://www.airtrafficonline.com/store/pc/viewContent.asp?idpage=6

Or maybe one needs to call first to verify.

DoubleBass is correct, the day was recently changed to Thursday but Airtraffic isn’t exactly on top of updating their website. I won’t be there next week but there’s plenty of yoyoers that regularly go, It’s lots of fun!

So I have 4 local yoyo stores around 7-30 minutes away from me. They are all Air Traffic Toys stores operated and owned by Minnesotans. This month only, they have all yoyos 25-45 percent off. All the Yoyos above 80 bucks are 45 percent off.

I went to my Burnsville Center location yesterday. They already sold their Ricochet and had nothing in stock that interested me left. I went to the Mall of America location today and they didn’t have Ricochet but they had a YYJ Next Level which was 45 percent off. I went ahead and pulled the trigger as soon as I saw it.

It’s beautiful,

EDIT: Also picked up a Supernova 7075 before the sale ended.

Well, looks like it’s getting warmer outside, Friday is going to be 61 degrees. Woohoo.